Major Mommy Preference?!?!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
Kerrigan is such a happy, always cooing and smiling baby. As long as she's in my arms that is. Everyone wants to hold her because she is so interactive with other people, but the minute they have her she gets fussy and cries until I take her back. I always make up excuses "oh she's just hungry ...or tired...or needs changing" but now I'm starting to realize it's just that she doesn't want anyone but me to hold her. The minute I take her back she is happy and all smiles again. Anyone else's LOs only have for mom?
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

March 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christian was that way too, but he is starting to do a little better especially with daddy, much to the delight of Chris.

March 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
afauce
Ethan is starting to have a mom preference. I am working on putting him down to sleep in his bed or at least a bouncer/carseat/boppy. I am also working on him not being held so much. I want to hold him all the time, and I need to work on that. I am starting by putting him in the boppy next to me and still interactng. I do not want him to just sit without any interaction, I just do not want him to have "mommitis". I have a friend with a baby like that and I am not a fan.
March 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope... Sam will cozy up to anyone with boobs or big tummy! He likes cushion I guess. He doesn't seem to have a longing for me if I'm not holding him. Not yet anyway!

March 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
[QUOTE=Rockstarmama;23413000]Nope... Sam will cozy up to anyone with boobs [QUOTE]

This isn't lacking a longing for mommy, it's just being a man. LOL
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

March 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kerrigan sounds like Owen!! He loves his mamma!
March 21st, 2011, 07:09 PM
GraysMommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstarmama View Post
Nope... Sam will cozy up to anyone with boobs or big tummy! He likes cushion I guess. He doesn't seem to have a longing for me if I'm not holding him. Not yet anyway!
THIS mostly!

He gets all excited when he sees me but I have made a concerted effort to have a lot of different kinds of people hold him. Don't get me wrong I don't just hand him off to anyone but I think for me it is really important for him to be comfortable being held by different people.

I know a lot of mommies would find that odd but I think based off some of my reading and beliefs that it makes a more secure kiddo.

I would be lying if I didn't say I am fairly sure I'm his favorite though....

:-)

March 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She will let other people hold her for a short time but when she wants me then that is who she wants and she'll stop crying as soon as I take her.
March 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He does pretty well, but when he wants a really good nap in the afternoons, he will whimper until I get him. He's a sweetie that I can't say no to!

March 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM
LalaCupit's Avatar Super Mommy
Olli is starting to! I LOVE it!

March 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
msmac's Avatar First Time Mommy
Lily wants only me if she is tired or hungry, but otherwise she is usually happy with other people holding her.
March 21st, 2011, 09:44 PM
Crafty Mommy
Bria wants only me when she's tired or hungry too. She loves Daddy and her Mimi when she's fed and happy and wants me when she's being a grouch! It seems that all she can think about is boobs when I hold her! Not fair!

March 22nd, 2011, 04:44 AM
Super Mommy
Yep! He only smiles for me so far. DF has been gone so I'm hoping when he gets back on Saturday he'll start smiling for him too. He is such a Momma's boy though. He'll be playing with Daddy and totally content but if he hears or see me then he starts fussing till I pick him up.

March 22nd, 2011, 05:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ryan is still okay with anyone holding him. He only fusses when someone doesn't hold him properly and he's feeling uncomfortable.
March 22nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
She definitely prefers me holding her to anyone else. At this point, only the 5 of us and my bff and her 5yo dd have held her. She's doing much better with dh holding her now. If she's fed and burped she'll even fall asleep for him, which is pretty exciting to him. If she sees me though, it's usually all over, unless dh follows me so she can watch me.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
March 22nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying really hard to make sure Natalie doesn't become a mama's girl especially since I go back to work in a couple of weeks. There are certainly family members that she prefers over others. I think my younger nephews freak her out because they don't hold her as securely as my niece does.
March 22nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
right here!! shes def my baby lol! tonight dh was holding her..... and she was just looking around following me! heehee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search