RSV vs. Congestion??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
How do you know if your baby is congested or has RSV?

March 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kennedy sounds very "snorty" in the morning. Her nose isn't running, she's not acting sick, she's just congested sounding. Usually by mid day she's sounding better. I asked the pediatrician about it last week and he said it was allergies.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
March 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry if we scared you in your other post. I think Tegan just has a little environmental congestion as long as she doesn't have a cough, fever, lethargic, not eating well, irritable, sleeping a lot.

Hugs. Asher was congested for awhile, then one day it changed and I knew he was sick. If she is sick vs congested you will know.
March 22nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
Kennedy sounds very "snorty" in the morning. Her nose isn't running, she's not acting sick, she's just congested sounding. Usually by mid day she's sounding better. I asked the pediatrician about it last week and he said it was allergies.

Okay, good. Same here. She's not acting sick. Just very congested. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
I am sorry if we scared you in your other post. I think Tegan just has a little environmental congestion as long as she doesn't have a cough, fever, lethargic, not eating well, irritable, sleeping a lot.

Hugs. Asher was congested for awhile, then one day it changed and I knew he was sick. If she is sick vs congested you will know.

Thanks Sam. No need to apologize No one scared me from anything they said, it was more of me worrying that I was unsure of the difference. And as Tegan isn't acting sick other than the congestion I think it's okay. Just going to keep an eye on her.

It totally does not help that our weather SUCKS. 70 degrees one day and 35 and snow/ice 3 days later. I want to scream.

Last edited by Isabelle; March 22nd, 2011 at 09:08 AM.
March 22nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Karri1975's Avatar Super Mommy
My pedi said they will have a runny nose with RSV.

March 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
Brookie had a runny nose, LOTS of drainage, and a seal bark cough. The cough just comes out of nowhere and is bad sounding from the start. It is also usually accompanied by an ear infection.
March 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
mama25's Avatar Veteran
Landon(ds#3) had rsv at 7 mo. old. He had had a little viral cold thing going on, but he quickly started running a fever and had very rapid labored breathing. That's how I knew he was very sick. There was a marked difference.
March 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
~EmilysMama~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily had RSV at 4 months. She was snotty, coughing and breathing funny. If she has RSV, believe me, you'll know! Emily was having between 40 and 50 respiration per minute. She literally sounded like she was panting.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for my great siggy!

March 22nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
Thanks ladies for posting this!! As you all know Alyssa just had it, but I had no clue what the differance was between bad cold & rsv...blaming that on lack of sleep!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search