Top Two Tuesday

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like getting recommendations for stuff people like, so I thought I'd start Top Two Tuesday. (I've been trying to come up with a Tuesday theme for weeks! Lol!)

What are the Top Two books you've read?

I'm gonna be honest. I don't read much because I always fall asleep as soon as I open a book. I like to read, but it takes me forever because of my sleepiness!

Two books I really enjoyed were:
The Kite Runner
A Thousand Splendid Suns

I thought it was really interesting to get the perspective of the Afghan people and what they experience on the other side of war. The two books are a sequel and I recommend them. The only hard part was the difficult names in the book. It was hard to remember who was who!

March 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Oh gosh...this is hard. My very favorite is the Bible with Isaiah and Ephesians being the top two. Hence my screen name.

I can't really pick for me. I like reading Amish fiction by Beverly Lewis.

We love this kids book- Diary of a Wombat

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
March 22nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, I honestly don't have a favorite book or even a top 10 list of them and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. I can at least say that two books that I've read recently that I have thoroughly enjoyed have been

Molokai
The Help

Molokai actually made me cry. It was excellent. I agree that A Thousand Splendid Suns and Kite Runner were excellent. If you like those, read The Red Tent - another outstanding one!

February, 2005
August, 2005
March 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
I loved the Shopoholic series, and I must admit, I feel victim to the Twilight series! I couldn't put them down!!

I love to read, and now that I have my ipad it's even easier to read. I don't really have favorites, I just pick up anything that is Young Adult fiction that I can totally escape from reality for a few hours
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

March 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
I read Young Adult fiction, since it is what I write as well.

I read a series that really sucked me in: Life as We Knew It, The Dead and the Gone, and This World We Live In

Before I Fall was also a good one I read recently.

For adult fiction I enjoyed:

A Walk to Remember

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

They are both tearjerkers.
March 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
This is tough for me. I read so much. I used to read 30 plus books a week and even now I read about 10.

Two that are on my mind lately are The Historian and the Left Behind series.

March 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, Larissa! Thirty books a week??? You must be a speed reader. I would love to be able to get through one a week!

Jennifer, I Was wondering what your screen name was all about!

March 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
GraysMommy's Avatar Veteran
I love, love, love to read but now that I don't have a bathtub my reading time has been dramatically cut. There is just about nothing better than a bath and a book.
:-(

Some of my recent favs are "Middlesex" by Eugenides and "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men" By David Foster Wallace. My reading tastes might be a bit off the beaten path...Oh and I loved "Running with Scissors".

March 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
LalaCupit's Avatar Super Mommy
All-Time FAVE is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers!

I also LOVE The Shack!

March 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrunningmom View Post
I loved the Shopoholic series, and I must admit, I feel victim to the Twilight series! I couldn't put them down!!

I love to read, and now that I have my ipad it's even easier to read. I don't really have favorites, I just pick up anything that is Young Adult fiction that I can totally escape from reality for a few hours
ME TOO!!! I have read the first Shopoholic book but didn't continue reading the rest in the series and I am also a victim of the Twilight series

Being a fan of RPatz (please don't hate ), I am reading Water for Elephants because he stars in it and it comes out in theatres April 22nd
March 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hunger Games Trilogy!! I also loved The Pillars of the Earth. That book made me want to be a monk.
I have to have something to read at all times or I don't feel right.
March 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
Redeaming Love by Francine Rivers (based on the story of Hosea)
and
Scared by Tom Davis
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

March 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Alv07's Avatar Veteran
Everyone is reminding me of other great books I have read! I thought 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' was so sad. I also loved 'The Help,' 'Gone with the Wind,' and 'The Historian.' Before Adeline was was reading quite a few books a week, but now I am lucky when I get a chance to really get into something. I am starting to read a lot more again, thanks to my buddy Kindle. I think one of my absolute favorite books is 'Love in the Time of Cholera,' I just love Gabriel Garcia Marquez's writing style. Another favorite is 'Journey into the Whirlwind,' which is a woman's memoir of being a political prisoner in Stalinist Russia. I had to read it for one of my Russian history classes, and could not put it down.
March 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I love Historical Fiction and I'll get sucked into just about anything Philippa Gregory writes in about 10 pages.

But the two books that immediately came to mind was the Series that starts with The Innocent by Posie Graeme-Evans and Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir. I love the British monarchy!!!

March 22nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
sigh.... ready to laugh.

harry potter!!! lol and TWILIGHT lol

yes yes I KNOW
March 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMelissa View Post
sigh.... ready to laugh.

harry potter!!! lol and TWILIGHT lol

yes yes I KNOW
No one should ever laugh at the Twilight series.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search