Babies that sleep through the night

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
During the day, Ryan likes to take little naps 1.5 hours after he finishes his feeding and will sleep anywhere from an hour to 2.5 hours. Ryan's longest stretch at night is sleeping for 4 hours, with or without co-sleeping, it's still 4 hours. He bathes every 2 days or so and it's still 4 hours a stretch at night. I know every baby is different and will sleep longer stretches when they are ready, but what are you doing to help them sleep longer at night? Co-sleeping, swaddling, putting on baby cream? Are your babies taking alot of naps after every feeding during the day? I have a feeling Ryan sleeps too much during the day so at night, he doesn't.

Help!
March 22nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Parker takes some long naps during the day. He sleeps after he eats and usually take a long nap during the afternoon. We bathe him about every other day. He sleeps about 6 hours at night. We swaddle him in the Swaddle Me blanket and that works wonders. I think Parker sleeps a lot during the day though. At night he is more alert.

March 22nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
AJ's Mom's Avatar Veteran
I really believe this has way more to do with the child than the process. Our 3 year old still usually wakes up once a night - now of course he is trained to take himself to the bathroom or get a drink and go back to bed - but its just his nature.
March 22nd, 2011, 01:21 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i feed Natalie and then we play for about an hour to hour and a half and then I put her down for about an hour to hour and a half nap and then we repeat that process all day until about 8:30 at night. Then we eat, put on pajamas, read a book and into bed for the night. Some nights she wakes up around 3 or4 wanting to eat. Last night I woke her up at 5:30.
March 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
afauce
Ethan sleeps from about 10-6:30 each night. He takes a nap from about 7 30 AM to 9 each morning, then a short nap somewhere between 1030 and 11. He then takes a long nap and a few cat naps in the afternoon. He takes a last nap about 730 PM. If I let him go too long at 730 then he doesn't want to sleep at night. I do swaddle him so he can't startle himself awake. He still throws his arms up...silly boy. I am hoping eventually his bedtime will be earlier and he won't have a nap at night anymore. He eats about every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day.
March 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
Bella will sleep from 930-515ish everynight. I swear by the night time lotion! The lavendar smell has always helped me sleep good too. I also play the white noise sounds for a little bit to relax her and myself. During the day its just cat naps here and there.
March 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Taylor sleeps from 9:30-7:30/8:30. Somedays she only cat naps all day long and others she sleeps for a few hours. I give her a bath every night (but only use soap twice a week). I rock her to sleep in the rocking chair and then put her down. I also put her on the floor on a blanket before her bath and let her kick til her heart's content! I figure maybe she will get out any built up energy she has left from the day out of her system. Oh and I also have a humidifer on in her room that doubles as white noise.
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

March 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I say that Zack sleeps through the night, but he does wake up twice to eat. He will go to sleep for the night around 10, wake up around 4 eat for about 10 minutes, go back to sleep and eat again for about 10 minutes around 7. He will be up for the day around 9. He has been doing this since birth. We do co-sleep and I wake up and feed him when he first starts to stir. He never has a chance to fully wake up.

March 22nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Stellas Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stella sleeps from 8:30 till 4. She takes naps when ever she wants and eats when she wants .

March 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
ma2b2010's Avatar Super Mommy
During the day, I look for LO's queues (rubbing eyes, fussiness) and immediately try to put him to nap. He usually gets tired an hour to 2 hours after each feeding. They are usually short cat naps.

By night time, he will doze off to sleep after a feeding (last feeding can be anywhere between 6:30 to 8:30pm). In the beginning, he would wake up for 1 night time feeding and then go back to sleep and wake up again between 4am and 6am. Last week, he would sleep and wake up without a nighttime feeding!! Now, he's back to waking up for one night time feeding... ah well, I'm still getting ample sleep tho.

I don't have any magical solutions or routines that I can suggest to you... I don't try to force LO to be awake during the day... in fact, I let him nap whenever he wants..... it just seemed as if he started STTN at around 2.5 months which is around the time most babies start STTN. Good luck!

April 21, 2010 11 DPO

1st ultrasound May 13th! CRL 7.5mm and visible heartbeat!

EDD: January 1, 2011

Actual Birthdate: December 22, 2010 to a baby boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search