Grrrrr....strollers!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear I'm about to drive myself crazy obsessing over double strollers!! My daughter is only 2, so she still needs to be in a stroller when I take her and the baby out somewhere together. I thought I had made up my mind for sure, and was set on this one.

Joovy - Caboose (Sit and Stand) - Appletree

I love the idea of the sit and stand for when we go to the mall or the zoo or whatever because she can ride and then just hop off when she needs to. Plus, this brand holds my infant carseat. BUT-then I started thinking it doesn't look like it would be all that comfortable for her to ride in for a longer period of time. We live on a great street, and I plan on taking the kids on lots of walks this summer to help me lose the baby weight. I can't imagine she would want to ride on this for a long walk?? So, I'm wondering if I should go with something more traditional. I just know I don't want a side by side. What have you all decided on for moms with more than 1 kiddo?!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
March 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having the same problem! I can't decide what kind to get - I go back and forth between a sit & stand type like you posted or something with two actual seats like Amazon.com: Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller, Ruby: Baby. It's so hard to decide!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Look what I just found!! It may solve our problems!! This one has 2 seats, or you can remove the back seat so they can stand!! I think I may go with this!

Baby Trend Double Sit N Stand-Green Tea : Target

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
March 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that one is nice too! I need to go look at some in person. Now to find a store that carries several options so I don't have to go to a ton of stores.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
mama2boys&girl's Avatar Kaylene
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMomOf2 View Post
Look what I just found!! It may solve our problems!! This one has 2 seats, or you can remove the back seat so they can stand!! I think I may go with this!

We have that one and love it! It has worked very well for us. The only real problem is the seats don't recline back very far but for us it was something that we could deal with. Also, it is quite large when it is folded down. I don't know if you plan on leaving it in your car all the time or at home. Again, something we dealt with because I loved that it was a double stroller that could turn into a sit and stand! If you live near a Babies R Us you can get coupons to use on it so you save even more!
March 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been stalking Craigslist for a Zooper Tango. There's no way I'll pay full price for it!

Amazon.com: Zooper 2011 Tango Double Stroller, Star Black: Baby

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got the double sit and stand too My daughter is 2 1/2 but I am sure by 3 1/2 she will just want to stand but the baby will still have to sit, so I figured it was the best of both worlds.

March 28th, 2011, 10:28 AM
AJD04's Avatar Abby
We have a Dreamer Design Ditto double jogger(company went out of business last year) but my main reason for getting it was to run with the kids which it has worked great for! Had a fixed wheel instead of a swivel, nice big seats but it was snug to fit through doorways. I would love to buy a new one but hubby would not for it.. lol
If you plan on using it a lot of walking(fast paced, aggresive walking).. just remember, your feet will hit the back of a lot of basic strollers. The joggers have wide wheel base to avoid that! If you go for the double joggers.. check out the Bob's.. great reviews!

Last edited by AJD04; March 28th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
March 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
AJD04's Avatar Abby
Quote:

Call your local walmart store... looks like they have a better price on that particular stroller!
Walmart.com: Baby Trend - Sit N Stand Plus Double Stroller, Silverado: Strollers

March 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM
SuperMommy to 5
Quote:

That stroller looks neat. While my youngest right now is 4, we go to Disneyland a lot (season passholders) and she wouldn't be able to hang all day walking. We need a newer double stroller, we currently have Graco Duo Glide but have since lost the baby seat thingy to clip the carseat on. LOL I'll have to look at BRU since I just the new coupon book and see if it's cheaper. Thanks for the idea!
Me (32) + DH (32) = DD (10), DS (8), DS (6), DD (4) & Tiebreaker... Baby Boy born May 23, 2011 @ 8:03am weight 7lbs 5ozs height 18.5"

March 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
SunLover's Avatar Sheryl
I got the Joovy Caboose....I really hope I like it!

Amy, Eric, & Lauren
March 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got mine at babies r us and if you go in and baby anything they will give you a coupon to come back during the month. I got my stroller for $184 and then got 20% off

March 28th, 2011, 03:03 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got the Baby Jogger City Select. I had several other doubles when my boys were younger and hated them. They were all so long, hard to steer and bulky.

I can't rave enough about this stroller. It's pricey but IMO, worth the investment for the amount of use you can get out of it.

Baby Jogger City Select Double 2010 Ruby

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

March 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since she is only 2 id go in the stores and "try" em out...make sure she can fit good and is comfy. DD is 3.5 so we got the Sit N Stand LX

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

March 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Serendipity3
I have a Joovy sit & stand. It has better rating than the Baby Trend. More $$, but worth it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search