Qotd 3/28

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lets talk about cars....

What do you have now?

Do you like what you are driving?

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives?
March 28th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
What do you have now? 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Do you like what you are driving? Yes I love it

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? No it works fine and I just got it in May.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
March 28th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Veteran
I have a 2011 kia soul 4u.

I LOOOVEEE it, but did not buy it with a baby in mind at all so hopefully it works out ok. My only concern is the trunk space (or lack thereof)...it does have a neat hidden storage part though.

It's super roomy in the backseat and front seats though so that's a plus, and really fun to drive. I will not be upgrading.
March 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Veteran
What do you have now? Just got a 2011 Mazda CX-9 last week.

Do you like what you are driving? LOVE it.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? No, just upgraded from a honda civic, so this should do for our expanding family.
March 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
What do you have now? 2002 Toyota Solara

Do you like what you are driving? Not at all. It's got so many miles on it. MIL gave it to us after my minivan broke down over the summer... with over 250K miles on it. But she was a stickler with maintenance and a mechanic said he wouldn't be surprised if it lasts another 100K. It's just too small for my liking, especially after having minivans for such a long time.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? I don't think it will be a MUST, but preferably yes.

<--- again!
March 28th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What do you have now? 2008 Suzuki XL 7

Do you like what you are driving? Yeah it's pretty good on most things.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? Nope. We got it when we went to CO for DH's work because my car was too tiny. So it should be perfect with a new addition!

March 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you have now? 2010 Ford Explorer

Do you like what you are driving? yep. Would like better gas mileage but that is what you get with an SUV.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? We already did! We had a Ford Escape and it was going to be really hard to fit 2 rear facing car seats in it. So we sold it on craigs list and bought the explorer.

March 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM
**Linda**
What do you have now? Red Mini Cooper Convertible

Do you like what you are driving? Absolutely love it! Love it!

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? Definitely! The mini is great, but I don't think I could get a carrier in the door without taken the top down! I want a Volkswagen Toureg, but DH wants something cheaper...that battle will probably happen this summer!
March 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
We got a Mazda CX-9 back in August. I LOVE it!!

We upgraded to this because we knew we wanted something bigger before baby #2 came along, and my car was going downhill at the time.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
What do you have now? 2008 Lexus IS250

Do you like what you are driving?I LOVE it

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? DH has been trying to get me into an SUV since we met...he finally relented when I told him that the Lexus IS250 is all wheel drive, but he still grumbles. So since I am jonesin' for a new car anyway, we'll look at getting me the Lexus RX450h, which is the only SUV I'll consider driving. They're simply too big and I'm a sportscar girl anyway.

March 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
What do you have now? 2003 Caviler

Do you like what you are driving?Yeah. I can fit all 3 car seats in it just fine.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? Kinda have to.... This will be #4 and a car cannot handle 4 car seats. lol IDK what we will get. I do not like things with to many buttons and what not. Probably a minivan.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
March 28th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ma-2-Thing 1-2-n-3's Avatar Leslie ~ 2 boys ~ 1 girl
What do you have now? Kia Sedona

Do you like what you are driving? It's alright. We have had a lot of problems with it.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? We sure do. Two car seats and an 9 yr old will be further tight!
March 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
What do you have now? usually a 2007 Nissan Quest, but since the move dh drives it for the better gas milage so i'm currently stuck driving a 97 gmc sierra
Do you like what you are driving? Love my van, hate dh's truck because i can't park it.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? hoping to get my van back or else buy a used car before baby is born.

March 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
What do you have now? Ford Winstar

Do you like what you are driving? Yes but I'd love to have a new Dodge Grand Caravan

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? We've needed a bigger vehicle for awhile lol, but our only upgrade option is a 12+ passenger van and we can't afford it, so when we do all go somewhere we just take 2 vehicles.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

March 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
We will be getting something with third-row seating.

March 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
We will be getting something with third-row seating.

That's one thing I love about my car is that it has third row seating and when we are not using it we leave the seats down!

March 28th, 2011, 11:28 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you have now?DH bought me a 2008 Infiniti G35xs for Christmas.

Do you like what you are driving?I LOVE it! I'd been talking about wanting one for a while. I love that it is sporty and has AWD... wish the gas milage was a little better since I have around a 70 mile round trip daily

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives?Nope this was our upgrade We're still trying to sell my 2002 Mercury Cougar!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
March 28th, 2011, 12:05 PM
jesicaRN's Avatar Veteran
What do you have now? Ford Expediton

Do you like what you are driving? LOVE IT!!! 4WD is nice in winter cause all the mud plus we have to drive 3 hours to my daughter's endocrinologist appt year round approx every 2 to 3 months so it is dependable in ANY weather!!! Plus it's my fav I have ever had...can pile in kids and holds pretty much anything!

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? NOPE!! 3 rows and seats 8 total so we are good!!!
March 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
What do you have now? 2002 Chevy Malibu

Do you like what you are driving? It gets me from point A to point B so I can't complain

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? nope
March 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you have now? 1995 Dodge Caravan

Do you like what you are driving? I like it that it's still driving and it gets us places with tons of room for stuff or friends. I hate how old it is and that it breaks down nearly every year.

Will you have to upgrade to a larger car when baby arrives? This is large enough. I just wish we could afford the higher insurance cost that we'd have if we had a newer vehicle. We're lucky this thing still runs!

Tags
pregnancy , pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search