~*Waiting for Zion*~

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Toya!!! I can not wait to hear about how the birth went!!!!
June 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
So, me and the family are home!!!!!! I am so happy to finally be HOME. That hospital stay was so irritating. After all the stress and strain of Labor and Delivery you'd think they'd give you a second to breathe. No, they aggravate you and the aggravate the baby. Every 30min. They were in my room checking temp, blood pressure, pressing my stomach...asking if I needed this if I needed that. Yeah, I NEED YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! lol. Omg, then yesterday a lactitionist came to my room to give me tips and pointers that I didn't even ask for...and ends up having Zion taken away from me and monitored because she claims that he had stopped breathing and was turning colors...No, he was crying while trying to burp...he spit up and started coughing and she claims he was turning gray and not breathing and all this other stuff so they hooked him up to some machine in the nursery for 2hrs to monitor his breathing. I wanted to strangle that woman. Everyone was looking at her like...lady please go back down to Lactation you're irritating everyone. After his monitoring he got to come back in the room. All I wanted to do was go home after that.

My mom has been calling...calling....and calling. I just want to have a quick quiet moment and all these excited phone calls and people wanting to drop by are going to have to hang back. I don't feel like being bombarded right now. So far no one has came to the house today and I'm glad because we just got home. However, my cousin and his wife want to come over tomorrow. I'm trying to be nice since my cousin didn't come up to the hospital like everyone else did, I will let them come by for a little bit.

Jamel, he's enjoying his brother so far. However, I think sometimes he feels a little confused. He wants to play with Zion's pacifier and wipe his hands on Zion's circumcision gauze so we're like "Don't do that Mel...or SIT DOWN MEL." And he's like... "Hmph, I'm sad." So...it's going to take a little adjusting, hopefully not much. He doesn't seem to be jealous right now. From the moment he met his brother all he's wanted to do is just love all over him. =)

Well ladies, leroy just left to go get groceries and fill my prescriptions....as I am...you Ladies continue to be blessed.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

June 28th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Zion is such a good baby. I really thought that he was going to be the total opposite of how Jamel was as a baby....he is, but not in the way I thought. I had it all in implanted in my brain that he was going to be a handful. However, I was wrong. He's a very easily satisfied, quiet baby. He does SCREECH like a cat from time to time when he's really upset, other than that he's sleep or just laying there with his eyes open trying to figure things out. He practically sleeps through the night. Sometimes I have to wake him up to feed him because he's sleeping so peacefully and soundly. Jamel on the other hand just wore me out through the night. He would not sleep no matter WHAT. That kid was just WILD and still is WILD!!! lol

Everyone is adjusting pretty good. However, since our room isn't big enough to fit our bed, tv, and the crib....me and Zion sleep in his room...ALONE. *sighs* Yes, I do miss my bed at some points, but then I enjoy having space to myself since I've been cramped up this whole last 2 months of pregnancy...I finally get a bed to myself. It's just lonely and I don't really understand why Leroy won't come back there. He did come lay down with me last night for about 10 minutes but then he left....However, he didn't need to be in there because around 4 this morning he was back and forth in the bathroom and he came in the room to check on me but said that he didn't feel good and asked if I wanted him to take the baby and I told him no, that I was fine and he needed to leave and go back to bed. I am not trying to catch anything or have the baby catch anything. I took him to his appointment yesterday and there were little kids SICK everywhere. I just wanted to get out of there...I was literally holding my breath the whole entire time I was in there. Ugh!

I don't know whats in my plans for today. It's supposed to be thunderstorms all day today so I guess I'll just be in the house. I don't have plans to take Zion anywhere anyway...not until he's atleast six weeks old or has some type of immunizations anyway. It's too much going around out here. For the past 2 years South Carolina has been a death trap. I don't know whats going on. Everytime you turn around someone is making a trip to the ER or the news is reporting some type of Viral outbreak. I'm like...I really think it's our goverment and they're trying to kill us off. There is NO WAY there should be outbreaks like this. Last year we had 3 major NORWALK virus outbreaks back to back. Lasting 10 days each. It was HORRIBLE!!!! Jamel caught it twice...Leroy caught it Twice and I had it all THREE times. The news claims it was from the water...it was cruise season and our port is in Charleston and there were reports of cruiseliners having to turn around because the WHOLE entire cruise became sick. So they'd bring all the people back and just...UGH!!! It makes me scared to go outside here sometimes. I just pray though and try not to worry about it. It's hard when I turn on the tv and see something scrolling at the bottom about something going on and make sure you wash your hands and carry sanitizer!

Well, Leroy's vacation is over this coming Friday he has to go back to work. However, he ALWAYS has the weekend off so he'll be gone for a day. I'm already praying that I'm able to handle Jamel while he's gone. It's not Zion...it's Jamel. Lately Jamel has amped up his horseplay and has turned down his listening ear. Soooo...since I'm still sore and barely hobbling around...we will see. However, as soon as this soreness goes away he is going to be in for a big surprise. He just doesn't know it yet!

Well, I'm going to go and try to get something to eat. I don't know what I want and I'm hungry but have a taste for NOTHING that's in my kitchen....so until I come back...continue to pray and be blessed!!!

June 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Zion is ONE WEEK old today!!!! =)

He's doing so well. Still basically sleeping through the night. Everything is flowing so well right now. I'm still waiting for Leroy to go back to work next week to see how things will be when I'm here on my own. Hopefully things don't explode and I go crazy. But, I've been praying about the situation so I know that God won't put to much on me that I can't handle. Zion is such a good baby. All he wants to do so far is just eat and sleep. He rarely cries, something has to definitely be wrong like he's hungry or screaming from a diaper change...I'm looking forward to see how much he gained at his next appointment on the 11th. Breast feeding has been going better than I imagined. I'm able to pump this time so that's great. I haven't became ENGORGED yet. Maybe because Zion is always eating and when I start to feel a little crampy or heavy in the breast I start to pump. I'm getting about 2-3 oz from every breast when I pump. Which is way better then what I used to get when I tried to pump with Jamel. I would only get just under an ounce no matter how long or how much I tried I get milk out. Well, I don't really have anything new to report. I just wanted to come write SOMETHING. I'm going to finish watching 'Marvin's Room' and them maybe watch the new Transformers movie online. Anyway, everyone continue to pray and be blessed by the Lord as I am. =)

July 1st, 2011, 05:54 PM
=)

Nothing much to say, I just wanted to stop by and say how much I love Zion...I thought I'd have a problem adjusting or feeling attached to him, but I have no problems. So far PPD hasn't showed up...hopefully it doesn't because it's something that I definitely don't need right now. So that'll be something else that I need to pray about. The bleeding is almost completely gone which I'm glad about, I'm tired of seeing PADS!!!! Well, we won't be attending church tomorrow, we're going to give it a little more time...however I did promise my sister that Sunday I will attend her baptism...so I guess that will be his first outing. However, I'm coming RIGHT back home after that. My mom is doing something for the 4th but i wont be attending it because like I've stated earlier she has no air and it's just too hot down there to be hanging out sooooooo... *sighs* oh well.

Well, guess I'll go snack on some fruit. You all continue to be blessed!!!

July 1st, 2011, 08:11 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
So glad everything is going gr8 with zion! But where is the birth story?! How long was u n labor? How many lbs was he.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

July 2nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
The birth story is over in the Mane Event Forum. He was 7lbs 9oz and I was in labor about 18hrs. smh...but it was wayyyyy shorter than Jamel's labor.

July 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
So, I dropped Jamel off to be with my sister for the weekend today. Definitely needed this break so I'm glad that she offered to take him off of my hands. It'll just be Leroy, Zion, and I for the whole entire weekend. Zion is pretty much still the same sleeping all the time. He's sleep now as I'm sitting here typing. He's a quiet baby most of the time. Sometimes he'll be laying there with his eyes open smiling to himself and you won't even know he's awake unless you happen to look over at him. Breast feeding is going better than I imagined. My experience with Jamel was horrible. I couldn't pump, Jamel wouldn't latch on properly most the time, and to top it all off it seemed like he was never getting full no matter how long I would let him feed. So I'm glad that this time around everything is going much better. How long I'm going to be doing it though, that's another thing. lol

Emotionally I'm doing way better than I thought. I thought that by now I'd be on the phone crying or something, but I'm not. Yesterday Jamel got into some old papers and I was cleaning them up and realized it was a folder that I brought home from the hospital after being discharged from giving birth in 08. I looked through them and found discharge papers 2 weeks after being released from having Jamel that said I was suffering from high blood pressure and severe depression. It's two weeks later after having Zion and I feel normal. Hopefully God keeps my mind right, because the last thing I need to do is fall apart to the point that I can't take care of myself let alone two children. So I've decided that I'm going to treat myself this weekend and pull my treat basket (as I call it) down out of the closet and give myself a pedicure because it's DEFINITELY needed. OMG...my feet look rough. Then I'm probably going to go get one of my free massages that Leroy bought for me last year, but I didn't use it...I'm going to use it now before it expires in September.

Well, it's raining off and on. Thundering and Lightening....while Zion is sleeping I'm going to kick out on the couch and do the same. Leroy should be here in about 30min sooooo...you ladies continue to be blessed and I will do my best to do the same.

July 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Zion had an appointment today. He now weighs 8lbs and 2oz. He's 21in and a half. I was worried at first that maybe he wasn't getting enough milk, but I guess he is. =). I had to go pick up Jamel from my sister's, he's home, and acting like he has no sense at all. I already spanked him twice and he's been sent to his room I don't know how many times. It gets on my nerves when he goes to one of my family member's houses then comes home...they spoil him there and he comes home thinking he's about to get the same type of treatment. No my friend, it's back to routine business.

Well, last night was a ROUGH night. Now...normally Zion is sleeping good and only waking at night 3 times at most. Last night he was up until about 4:45 this morning. Just laying there with his eyes open...then whenever he closed them he's start grunting then he'd screech like a ran over cat and start crying. I don't know what was wrong with him last night not wanting to go to sleep or let anybody else get any sleep. I didn't know if I was going to make it to Zion's appointment...somehow I managed to get about 2 hours of sleep and that's what I'm running off of right now. Hopefully Jamel eats lunch and goes to sleep so that I can take a small nap while Zion is lounged back in his swing sleeping away.

Breastfeeding. I almost wanted to give up last night because I was so tired and for whatever reason the milk is coming out slowly when I pump now...which is a DRAG because I'm sitting there pumping for about 30min now just to get out 3oz...the way the stupid pump is built it's already worn out and I haven't used it that much. I'm like great...and it was working so well...now look!!! Leroy, I know he felt bad and he tried to feed the baby, but there wasn't any milk in the fridge. Normally I have some in there for him to do some occasional night feedings. But I've been so tired and with the way that the pump is working now...I just decided to lay off of it to keep my nipples intact.

Well...I'm going to get Jamel's lunch out of the over...and hopefully he'll be nice to me and lay down. We'll see how that works out. Ladies, be blessed!!!!

September 23rd, 2011, 12:56 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to say hello, that I did not forget about you n your family.
Congrats to your baby boy being 3 months now.
September 23rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Thank you Naomi...I haven't even been updating this anymore. I smiled when I seen my journal had a new entry....lol I figured nobody cared anymore anyway. But I was thinking of starting a new one. I'm not sure I just broke my laptop so...who knows if I'll be able to keep up. But we're doing good....Zion is a joy =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search