Gaining Weight Too Quickly!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Angel_Maker
So I had my "almost 32 wks" appt today and overall everything was fine EXCEPT for my weight gain Apparently I have gained 4lbs in 2 weeks My DR checked for swelling and as soon as he saw that there was none, he began to question my diet and told me that I need to be a little bit more careful about what I'm eating So now I'm officially up 28lbs
April 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh You are almost done . Hang in there hun. I hate weight gain lol Maybe more vegis for you ? Not sure how you are eating but I am sure you are doing good!

April 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry. I gained 12lbs in 4 weeks! Mine was due to swelling mostly though. I only gained 6lbs the last month so that wasn't too bad.

Keep in mind the time of day you get weighed. Is it the same time at every appt? I always weigh a lot more in the afternoon b/c of swelling, etc.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
April 5th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Angel_Maker
^Thanks hun I'm not a huge veggie person, but I try to eat some sort of vegetable every nite [usually just steam fresh peas or green beans] I'm even drinking Slim Fast for breakfast and eating LOTS of fruit instead of candy and such Don't get me wrong, I have a crazy weakness for sweets, but I *THOUGHT* I was doing good....now I have to be much more careful....only 5-6 more weeks to go
April 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
.*Emma*.'s Avatar pixie_pink
I can't believe he got on your case about it....It just doesn't seem like much too me..lol.

Thanks HeatherW for my awesome siggy!!

April 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are fine! My OB hasn't been on me at all about weight gain and I've gained about the same as you. And looking at all your pictures, you're ALL belly! I think your Dr might be a little bit off his rocker, in this case.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

April 5th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Quisty's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .*Emma*. View Post
I can't believe he got on your case about it....It just doesn't seem like much too me..lol.

I'd tell him to bite me

April 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Angel_Maker

Let me clarify that he was by no means harsh or rude or anything, but he commented that 4lbs was too much in only 2 weeks time and then began to question my eating habits...just kinda felt like I had done something "wrong" because he was questioning the weight gain, kwim?
April 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
.*Emma*.'s Avatar pixie_pink
Aww...I don't think, you have done anything wrong. I've gain 3lbs in 2 weeks and my dr didn't say anything about it and I have GD. Although with this pregnancy I've gain less than with my other four. I am at 14lbs....but still. Don't feel bad you are almost at the end.

Thanks HeatherW for my awesome siggy!!

April 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
Psshaw. You look fantastic. My doctor yelled at me with DD, but that's because I had a huge weight gain and it wasn't just an isolated thing; I consistently gained more and more. I don't think your weight gain is that outside the norm, especially because you were a skinny mini to start with. Has your diet been *that* bad? I highly doubt it.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

April 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .*Emma*. View Post
I agree. I gained 5 lbs in my 28-30 week and 4 between 30-32. I am not eating like crazy or anything unusual. My midwife checked for swelling but other than that she wasn't concerned at all. I'm up 26 lbs and it's all been pretty heavily increasing here in the end. Don't worry too much, from your pictures you look fabulous & if you feel okay that's what matters. I wouldn't even bat an eye about it!

April 5th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
My doctor said that weight gain fluctuates, and that it isn't really something to be concerned about. I actually gained too fast, then lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks, then gained 5 the next two weeks! My doctor didn't bat an eyelash the whole time though, because my fundus was showing that my baby girl was growing right on schedule, no matter what the scale said, and that's really the important thing.
April 6th, 2011, 05:34 AM
daisey609's Avatar Veteran
My doctors have said that I'm over the limit as well (30 lb up) so know that you are not alone. However, my doctors have said that they would never tell me to try to take any of that off. I gained a lot during the first trimester due to bedrest rather than my normal activity level. But last week my weight fluctuated up and down... so who knows... Guess it just means that I might have a bit more work to do starting 2 months from now.
I think I know what you are feeling.... being told that you have gained a lot of wait or simply more than needed SUCKS... but chin up okay? and now that I've finished replying to this I feel the need to go to the gym again...
April 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds to me like your doctor is trying to be extra cautious and wanting to make sure that things are going like they should, which is sounds like they are.
That being said with DS, I gained 61 pounds. I was a pretty healthy weight when I conceived him, but when I got pg this time, I hadn't finished losing all of the weight with him, so I've had to really watch it and not gain too much this time around and so far I've managed to do that.

I think being where you are with your weight gain is perfectly on track. Judging by your pics you don't look puffy or like you've gained weight everywhere - it seems to be mostly your belly.

I'd say chalk it up to an overly cautious doctor and just keep doing what you've been doing. You look great momma.

April 6th, 2011, 07:52 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking:

I gained 5 lbs between 34 and 36 weeks and my Dr said nothing about it. I don't think 4lbs is something to be concerned over. Don't feel too bad

April 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Maker View Post

Let me clarify that he was by no means harsh or rude or anything, but he commented that 4lbs was too much in only 2 weeks time and then began to question my eating habits...just kinda felt like I had done something "wrong" because he was questioning the weight gain, kwim?
I'm pretty sure if you look around and do some research you will find that 1-2lbs a week for the last trimester is the normal amount of weight gain, and for someone who started out thin to begin with a little more is even OK. So 4lbs in 2 weeks is right in line with that.

I'd take his advice with a grain of salt.

April 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I am surprised that your doctor said anything! Four lbs seems completely normal to me. I wouldn't stress about it at all.

PS - I am gaining way faster than you

April 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not to mention that most women tend to taper off in the last 4 weeks and some even lose a little before birth.

April 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it seems like that much of a gain. I have been steadily gaining 10 lbs a month since December and my doctor hasn't said a word to me. Luckily, it seems to be slowing down, but you're right on track to gain the recommended weight.

April 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Veteran
fiddle stix. I think we all gain at diffnt rates. where they came up with 1-1.5 lbs per week this trimester....1lb per week that trimester...yadda yadda. bucnh of bologna if ya ask me. you are doing just fine

Collage by erineldridge23, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search