Lei's bump (hanryo)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hi all

I found out yesterday the doctor thinks I'm 9 weeks (due 6th Nov!), although I haven't had any scans or tests or anything yet... nevertheless, when I found out last Wednesday, I started researching straight away and saw all the gorgeous bump pics on here... so here is my first one, taken on Saturday 2nd April:

Sorry about the size of the pic, I'm a newb to forums!

I know I'm not showing yet and am a bit of a podge anyway (I've recently lost 28lbs in weight but haven't toned up yet), but I too thought it would be a good idea to chronicle the progression

UPDATE 10 Apr: pic at 10 weeks! I haven't gained any weight and am not feeling bloated, you can see how I've changed though! I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday!

Last edited by hanryo; April 10th, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
April 7th, 2011, 06:11 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congrats on your pregnancy! What made you think to test? Was your cycle late? Did you take a home pregnancy test? I just love all this stuff!

And you look great! Can't wait to see you grow!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 7th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Awh thanks sweetie!

Well my period had been ridiculously regular, every 30 days, but my January period (instead of being on the 13th) was two and a half weeks late, so I tested then with a negative.

Made a doctors appointment, getting concerned after we'd been not trying not preventing for over a year since we were married in Sep '09, but just the soonest appointment I could get was on the 2nd Feb! By which time I'd started my period (grr) on 31st Jan!

Dr said it may have been a miscarriage, so he ordered some tests, i.e. bloods for me, semen for DH.

I went for my first blood test on 24th Feb, got the results back on 25th saying 'ovulated' (still not sure what this means!) and was supposed to go back during days 1-5 of next period for a rubella (German measles) and something else, but of course... my next period never came!!

My last period was supposed to be due on the 10th March, and of course it never came...

I decided to wait two weeks after my period was supposed to be due to do a HPT, but my dad was visiting that weekend, so on Tuesday 29th March I decided to buy a HPT after he'd left, couldn't wait until the weekend to use it, tested on Wednesday morning with BFP!

Told my mum, mother in law, and decided to get another HPT which tells you how far along you are, which said 3+weeks! Tried to book a Drs appt but the soonest I could get one was not for another week (yesterday)

As Dr calculates from last period, it's 9 weeks from Jan 31st. But since I'd ovulated on or around 25th Feb and my period was due 10th March, we must've conceived around then, so I'm thinking my due date will be a few weeks after my Dr's estimation, by which time I'll probably be sick and tired of being pg and want it out of me!!

April 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Awwww, isn't it awesome how so many women conceive right as they're about to start receiving fertility aid? I just think our bodies are miraculous. Thanks for sharing!!! I also don't like basing my EDD on LMP (last menstrual period) because of the fact that I ovulate a little late, and it's more accurate to base it on ovulation (that's when your egg is released and can be fertilized by sperm).

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah definitely, it makes a big difference a couple of weeks, between basing it on LMP and ovulation... but hey *shrugs* they're the healthcare professionals right?!

My Dr was running late so I'm a bit miffed that he didn't do any tests or anything, but hopefully my MW will be in touch soon...

My BFF is expecting and sis in law has 2 little ones, and a colleague's little boy has just turned 2 so I have lots of people giving me advice!

I told my dad yesterday (he's American) and he couldn't stop saying "oh my god!!" even though a couple of weeks ago he was moaning "I'm too young to be a granddad! You're not ready to have kids yet!"

Since I'm a dual citizen my child should be able to have a US passport!! Hoorah! DH and I are hoping to move to the US to live and work for a while... We were planning on doing it in the next couple of years but now... well, we'll just have to see!

April 10th, 2011, 09:46 AM
update bump!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search