Super Easy Jalapeno Popper Dip

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
This is my go-to recipe for any potluck or tailgate. It's SO easy to make, so I'm sure all of the busy moms and moms-to-be can appreciate that!!

Mix this all together with the hand mixer:

2 cups Mayo
2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese
1 sm. can diced jalapenos
1 sm. can diced green chiles

After it's all mixed, throw in a dish and top with bread crumbs - so easy and so delicious! I get special requests and never give out the *real* recipe because it's my secret...but since you girls are so awesome, I thought you'd appreciate it

I serve it with those square pretzels for dipping...but people tell me potato chips and crackers and pita bread works well too.

I never said it was healthy though!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
April 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
THIS SOUND ABSURDLY GOOD!! I love me some jalapano poppers though!! Im gonna try it with pita chips I think!!
April 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
aka Steph
This reminds me of the dip they have at Chile's to dip your french fries in. I may have to try and make it with some cheesy jalapeno fries too!

Wifey to Adam. Mama to Danica, Liam and Stepmama to Lilith

April 9th, 2011, 04:03 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Ok I am totally drooling and having major cravings because of all of these recipes! This dip sounds awesome! I'd like to get out of bed and make it right now
April 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM
meganmacg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have to heat it or anything? I'm making it this morning for a grill out this afternoon. Thanks!

April 9th, 2011, 08:20 PM
aka Steph
Oh ditto, does it need to be heated?

April 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM
FYI... I made it this weekend and didn't heat it. Super easy and really tasty.

April 16th, 2011, 12:01 PM
aka Steph
Ok I just made this! It is delicious. My problem is, my jalapenos and chiles are really rreally mild? I think we bought Chi Chi? So next time I will up the amount to help add spiciness.. Unless anyone knows of a better brand that's spicy? I popped a wheel of Jalapeno in my mouth before adding them and I ate it with no problem which is unheard of for me. Maybe I will use fresh?

April 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I made this dip this weekend for our house warming party and everyone loved it~especially me! The jalepenos and chilis I used were very mild, too...next time I will try to find a brand that's a little spicier.
April 23rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YUM! my stomach is growling now! how many bread crumbs do you sprinkle on top? enough to completely cover the dip or just a dusting? do you use fine or coarse bread crumbs?

i'm going to try making this hopefully this week. i can get jalapenos in a jar in the "exotic" section of the supermarket but i don't know about the other chiles. i think it would be okay without, though.

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
April 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
aka Steph
The chile's I got in the "Shop around the world" section with the more authentic Hispanic foods.

April 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
I think I am going to make this for my sister graduation party. I can get jalapanos with varying degrees of spicyness, on the can it says the spice level. Have you guys tried looking at the canned ones??
May 7th, 2011, 04:58 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Sorry, I didn't realize there were questions!!

I've tried heating it before, but I (and my hubby) think it's better unheated. But the original recipe I had said to heat it, so it's just a personal preference. The original recipe also had Parmesan and bread crumbs on top and mixed throughout, but I have tweaked it and done it so many times, this is the version I think is best...but it's totally your preference! I will say I heated it the first time I made it, and made it with Parmesan, and it was a big greasy mess...I had to throw it out and start over!

As for the spiciness, I like to make it the night before if I have time, and let it sit. That seems to kick up the spicy a notch. Also, make sure you use diced jalapenos - the big ones won't spread the spicy throughout as well.

I use the generic bread crumbs - they seem to be relatively fine I think...I think any are okay though because it really just adds a crunch. The fine ones are nice though because as people eat it the other ones fall off on the areas that they just made bare (if that makes sense!). I like to do a little more than a dusting to allow that fall-off so you get some bread crumbs as people eat it too. Maybe try some on the side and see how many bread crumbs you like to have on it and then go with that level. I always have to make some to keep at home anyway b/c DH loves it so much!

I just use the little cans jalapenos and chiles - I get them both diced and generally get the Chi Chi's brand or even the store brand. I've topped it with fresh jalapenos before and that always makes a nice presentation I always use the Philly cream cheese though, it always tastes the best and has the smoothest consistency.

My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can just keep the ingredients on hand for when you need them - nothing fresh or anything that you have to go out to buy...oh, and the fact that it takes like 5 minutes to make!

Sorry I didn't answer these sooner! I totally forgot to even check back in this section

I am really glad everyone likes the recipe! I always get a lot of great comments on it whenever I take it places!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011

Last edited by BuckeyeGal23; May 7th, 2011 at 05:04 AM.
June 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I just made it for the second time. Still awesome... but I might halve the recipe next time. I had a ton of leftovers again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search