Severe back pain

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Veteran
The last week or so I've been having pretty severe back pains that are either on my right side just under my bra or my left side same are. It's like a stabbing pain and nothing alleviates it. Any ideas?

April 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
I had pains like that a couple of weeks ago. I honestly couldn't tell you if it was just the extra weight I'm carrying around or the way that I slept. I sat with a heating pad on my back and took Tylenol hoping for some of the pain to be alleviated.

I would say take a nice bath, take some Tylenol and put a heating pad on your back. Just remember not to use it skin to skin. Hope your back starts feeling better.

April 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran
I sooooo wish I had access to a bath. But I'll try the other suggestions. Thank you

April 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be from everything being pushed up there from your expanding uterus or it could even be gallstones which are very common to get in pregnancy

April 7th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Veteran
Hope it's not the gallstones. Please no.

April 8th, 2011, 06:40 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
No bath?!?! OMG, I would die without a bath tub.

April 8th, 2011, 08:40 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having those same pains. THere are mid sternum usually, but can radiate to left or right side and sometimes radiates up into my shoulder and then into my back. I read up on it yesterday and it's from the uterus putting pressure on the diaphram and everything being scrunched up. Mine comes and goes. If you think it's something that is more serious though, definately call your dr.

April 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Veteran
I know Amanda!! It's killing me. Only one more month of this and then baths everyday for me!! LOL. Thanx Jenn. Hopefully that's all it is. I have my next appointment next week so I may bring it up. But it definately puts mind at ease.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search