ok I think this is FUNNY!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
My ex has called me repeatedly in the past few weeks to ask me if the taxes are back yet. He is REALLY wanting money. Then two nights ago HIS MOMMY called me to ask if they were back yet and when they're gonna be back because she is helping him make a budget. I told her the same **** thing I told him- that I didn't know but that I would let HIM know when they were. (but I said it sweetly ugh)
Well previous years he and I have gotten back a decent amount (usually over $500) because I was a full-time student and working and he was working full-time well now his lazy tail only works part time and the place he works at wasn't taking any state out on him. So this year after getting back federal but paying state and paying for having the taxes done.
yea ready for this........his half is only gonna be $85!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

While the money would have been nice, I don't NEED it. I wasn't counting on it to survive or anything, he on the other hand.....LOL Well I just think it's hilarious!

Ask me about MILK THREADS MATERNITY! - beautiful delivery gowns, nursing covers and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MilkThreads
April 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Destiny
Oh goodness. I know so many people who just depend on getting their taxes back, I've even known people that budgeted what they think they'll get and then overspent because they forgot about something that happened forever ago.
Having a kid gets you a really decent return, but we've put ours into savings just to guarantee that we won't depend on it.

April 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
ppeacocks's Avatar Traci
wow..how do you only get 500 back? we get close to 7000.
it will get better next year..you can file as single and with baby!!!!!
taryn (4)
travis august 4th
http://www.facebook.com/xtmacx
April 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are taking the correct amount of deductions from your paycheck you shouldnt recieve anything in return. By recieving a refund you are overpaying your taxes every paycheck. Its an interest free loan to the govt.

My bf never gets a refund and never owes money. I got a huge refund this year due to not taking my mortgage into account on my W-2. I plan to correct my W-2 post baby so that I will have a little more every paycheck and not as much in refund form.

Does he realize his cut is only $85? Cuase if not and he is depending on more, that is funny to me. And I am happy for you that you arent relying on that income!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Last edited by hkystar; April 8th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
April 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Sahoko's Avatar TTC #2
I'm kinda relying on tax returns (SO hasn't filed for '08 and '09 w2's... so with both his and my '10s, we should have a nice nestegg to sit on for the baby)
Mainly I am relying on it because my SO is such a hardass on money that I feel like asking him for anything for the baby will put unneeded stress on him (now that I don't have a job and he's been *****ing to me about money and that I need to get a job because he 'can't pay for a baby on his own'.. about the main thing we fight about..)
So I guess I figure the tax returns will possibly get him to calm the fack down and chillax a bit :/

But I do agree... that $85 is friggin HILARIOUS. I hope it reaches out and slaps him in the face HARD. ;D

Last edited by Sahoko; April 8th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
April 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Veteran
What I find funny is that people act like it is free money that they won or something..... it is your own hard earned money people!!! haha

In a perfect world - you would take the right deductions so that you get barely anything or nothing back. It is better for you to have that money in your pocket than the goverment holding it for you not doing anything with it... BUT that being said it is nice to get that one cushion of money a year to do what you want with.. whether pay off debt... go on vacation...save it etc...and I guess for some people it is better for someone else to hold they money for them... even though you could just take home more in your paycheck if you chose the right deductions...

This year we got $1800 back... a lot less than last year but we already just invested half of it and put the other in our acct to pay for some extra baby stuff.

April 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hahaha!!!

April 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
I always claim 0 as my deductions because I don't want to risk owing when we file, but even claiming 0 they rarely take anythingout and we always owe state. I'll be dealing with my own taxes next year. I never had any problems until we started filing together. That being said I wasn't counting on the money. I am one of these people who don't like to "count their chickens before they're hatched" so to speak. I never count on tax money.
He on the other hand does count on it and almost feels he is owed it. Which is one reason we don't get along and one thing that makes $85 soooooo funny.

Ask me about MILK THREADS MATERNITY! - beautiful delivery gowns, nursing covers and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MilkThreads
April 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
Wow...I wish I could see his face when he gets it!
I don't file my taxes cause I allow my mom to claim me to help with her bills....so I'm not a happy person around income tax time. Blah.

April 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Veteran
Yeah..you are better off... sorry you have to go through this but if all he cares about is his silly $85 dollars then you are better off...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search