Hospital tour?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
When is it too early to go on one of these? When did you go?
We think we know what hospital we are wanting to go to, but we have so many questions and want to make sure it is the right place for us! (Plus we have to make a decision about our insurance pretty darn soon so that will also help us out)
WDYT? I will only 26 weeks (just set up the date) and I feel like my bump just wont be as big as the other tourist

Last edited by Mischief Managed; April 8th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
April 8th, 2011, 12:44 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Its not too early! Dont worry about what you look like in comparison! Especially since you need to know for insurance!

My doc actually just told me that I should register at the hospital in the next month... we are gettin close!

April 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually did my tour at around 4 months. I was trying to decide between it and a birthing center. I was so happy with the tour! We have to register in the next month also!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Jeez that is crazy, I can't believe registering is so early! Ahhh, I feel like I am running out of time!
My hospital offers a birthing center with MWs which is actually why I am so excited to go. I need to find out of my insurance will cover that section of the hospital. (I am thinking it would?? One other thing I have to do: all insurance!) But I was looking over the policy and I just don't think they will.

April 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The hospital we chose has one of the midwives from my practice always on duty. Plus they are very natural birth friendly! The want you to register in the 7th month, but they will still take you after. It just helps make sure your paperwork is all done and speeds up check-in when you show up in labor.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Ok great, thanks! I guess I shall be registering soon... And is your hospital natural birth friendly?
The only reason I ask is the birthing center is this building attached to my hospital, and if I am stuck in the hospital, I am hoping they are natural birth friendly! I am so worried about being hassled etc.

April 8th, 2011, 02:09 PM
mommabirdof4
I would go when every you want to....I don't think it really matters.

I pre-registered months ago...I was 20 weeks or there abouts.
April 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Veteran
I say the earlier the better that way you can change your mind if the place doesn't suit you. Some women will never have a big stomach so I wouldn't worry too much about comparing to others. Hope that all goes well

April 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
ppeacocks's Avatar Traci
i have to send in my paperwork next week. not doing tour cause i just gave birth there 4 years ago.--well i might take it so my kids are comfortable with where we will be.
taryn (4)
travis august 4th
http://www.facebook.com/xtmacx
April 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
BlueStar26's Avatar Veteran
We randomly walked up to the Maternity center after my 25 week appointment and asked if we could schedule a tour. They gave us a private tour right away!
April 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
That is great Blue!
I actually, for some reason, had the idea that tours werent going to be filled up. I thought me and Dh would be able to go tonight. The nurse said she would call me back, and she did, and she told me the next opening was April 27th, I was in shock!

April 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Super Mommy
I toured the hospital a week before my son's due date You can go at anything - my OB only delivers at one hospital, so I didn't get to choose where to go - but it ended up being a great hospital.

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search