Baby sleeping.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
So where is baby sleeping?
Im thinking in a pack and play but im not sure yet lol.
April 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
A regular-size Arms Reach cosleeper. We were going to set up the crib in DD's room so he/she could nap in there from day 1 but my mom's coming out after the birth and we'll need the space in there for a twin bed. So the crib'll be set up later, and for now I guess it'll just be the co-sleeper.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

April 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM
81 Bubbles's Avatar *Tash*
We're setting up a bassinet in our room and we'll have a cradle in the living room for naps

April 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
My mom just got us the Armsreach mini co-sleeper, so Squirt'll be in that for a bit then move him to the crib
April 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
bassinet, then pack and play, then crib
April 20th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
He'll be in a pack n play in my room for the first 3-6 months (I know that's a long time, but it works for me), and then in a crib in his own room. By 6-8 weeks, I may start putting him upstairs for naps though.
April 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
arms reach mini co-sleeper. My dad is getting for us (he was going to get it as a shower gift but decided to get me one thing and wait till after my shower to see hwat I still NEEDED). Im excited to get it I love the idea of being abe to have him right next to me but not having to worry about hurting him (i think i would roll over him if we bed co-slept

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

April 20th, 2011, 09:55 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBanana77 View Post
He'll be in a pack n play in my room for the first 3-6 months (I know that's a long time, but it works for me), and then in a crib in his own room. By 6-8 weeks, I may start putting him upstairs for naps though.
I don't think that's a long time! My DD was in the co-sleeper for over 8 months, not totally because I wanted to do it, but because we had no real choice at the time. But I think whatever works for you, KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicag View Post
arms reach mini co-sleeper. My dad is getting for us (he was going to get it as a shower gift but decided to get me one thing and wait till after my shower to see hwat I still NEEDED). Im excited to get it I love the idea of being abe to have him right next to me but not having to worry about hurting him (i think i would roll over him if we bed co-slept
I think you'll really like the co-sleeper. Although some people do opt to move the baby to their own room sooner (my BIL's wife did, at least) because you become so in-tuned to your baby that you can wake up from every little noise/movement and it can make sleeping difficult. But that didn't stop me from using it.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

April 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want an arm's reach. We'll see. We've been checking out those in bed co-sleeper basket things, but our little dogs sleep in our bed and I worry they will think it's for them. And I can't kick them out... They've slept in our bed as long as we've had them. I'm trying to find something that works for all of us.

Stupid dogs...

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

April 21st, 2011, 04:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are co-sleeping. I did it with both of my boys. That being said I will have something next to the bed to set the baby in when I need to get up or potty.

I kept ds#1 in bed with me for 9 mo and it was really hard to get him in his own bed ,so with ds #2 I had him in the bed for 6 wks with me and then I started working on getting him to sleep in his crib so by the time he was 12 wks he was in his room .

Not sure how long I will keep her with us in the bed. I will prob do the same thing I did with ds #2 . I'm not sure how long I will want her in the bed since its been 5 yrs since having a lil one .I have gotten used to having the bed to myself lol

April 21st, 2011, 04:31 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
His own crib in his own room. There just isnt any room in our room for a pack & play and we sleep in a full bed and I just dont believe in co-sleeping (sharing bed) anyway. Everyone needs their space His room is like 2 feet from ours anyway.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

April 21st, 2011, 05:51 AM
81 Bubbles's Avatar *Tash*
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
His own crib in his own room. There just isnt any room in our room for a pack & play and we sleep in a full bed and I just dont believe in co-sleeping (sharing bed) anyway. Everyone needs their space His room is like 2 feet from ours anyway.
I wish the babies room was that close for us. It's kind of far down the hall here.

April 21st, 2011, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Full-size arm's reach co-sleeper. I want her near me for night-time nursing and changing, especially in the first few months. We'll see how it goes after that! She has her own room too, but it is down the hall, I don't want to get up and stagger down there several times a night!!!

I have a twin-size floor bed in her room for taking naps with her during the day. I have not gotten a crib... the full-size arm's reach on the play yard setting can hold a pretty good-size toddler, so I plan to just move that into the baby room at some point and sleep her in it on the play yard setting! Once she's big enough to climb out of that, she should be ready for the floor bed! Hopefully we can do without a crib. The arm's reach was expensive

April 21st, 2011, 06:03 AM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He'll be in the bassinet in our room for about 6 weeks or so. Then it's to his crib in his room. We have a pack n play for downstairs that he can nap in.

April 21st, 2011, 07:23 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At night she will be in the Arm's Reach mini, and for naps she will be in the pack-n-play. I think I will start putting her in the crib after a few months, or when it just feels right.

April 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
We have a small 2 bedroom condo, so she'll sleep in a crib in our room.
April 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
I cannot sleep unless my babies are near me. I always end up with them sleeping next to me though, with the boob in their mouth (gee, I wonder why they are so hard to wean?). I just do whatever means I can sleep. I am a really light sleeper, and very aware of the baby next to me, so I don't worry about rolling over onto them or anything, and I like hearing them breathe right next to me. With my first baby, I was so exhausted because he wouldn't sleep unless he was with me, but I was up all night just trying to get him to go to sleep in his own bed because my mother in law made me feel like I was a failure if he was sleeping with me. Finally one night I just said Screw Her! he is going in the bed with me, and we all slept all night long. He's 12 now, and sleeps just fine by himself, lol.
April 21st, 2011, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In the crib in DH and I's room.

7/24/12
10/09/12
April 21st, 2011, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This baby will sleep in the bassinet (part of the pack n play) that I set up in my room yesterday. I'm not sure when we will move the baby into the other room. We have a 2 br apt and DS is still in his crib and will be for quite a while before he can move to a toddler bed (he is only 14 months right now). With DS, we moved him to his crib at 3 months and he did fine. The rooms are right next to each other, so the distance isn't an issue. We may end up getting a second crib or keeping the baby in our room in the pack n play - it will all depend on how the baby's waking at night affects DS. I will be breastfeeding the baby for at least a year (or until the baby self-weans) so it will be a go with the flow sort of decision for us. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

April 21st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
In a bassinet in our room for however long we feel it's necessary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search