Are you fitting in with this pregnancy weight gain calculator?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator - Pounds : Kilos weight gained when pregnant BMI ajusted - Baby2see.com

I'm actually on track with what they say is average... kinda amazed I don't know how accurate it is on averages, but their recommendations of a pound per week in the second trimester makes me feel better!

Quote:
On a Trimester Basis:

• First trimester: 1 pound per month ~ (about 4lb) in the first three months.
  • Second trimester: 1 pound per week for the next three months ~ (12 - 14lb) in total.
  • Third trimester: around 1 pound per week ~ (12lb) over the last three months.
But remember, these are average figures for large numbers of women so just because your weight gain pattern is different, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
Focus should not be so much on how much weight you are gaining
in pregnancy; but how well you are eating in pregnancy!

It is recommended that women should aim for a weight gain related to their pre-pregnancy BMI:
  • If BMI was above 26, you should aim for a weight gain of between 15 and 25lb (7 and 11.5kg).
  • If BMI was between 20 and 26, you should aim for a weight gain of 25 to 35lb (11.5 to 16kg).
  • If BMI was less than 20, you should aim for a weight gain of 28 to 40lb (12.5 to 18kg).

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 21st, 2011, 06:57 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
that pound per week makes me feel better too! I knew it was a pound per week in the 3rd, but I didn't think it was the 2nd too and I was upset at myself.

April 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a little under what they say I should be at, but I've gained all my weight in the past month or so, so I expect to catch up.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

April 21st, 2011, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
not me. Says Im over by 5lbs for the average. I thought I was doing pretty well.....well, up until the last couple weeks

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

April 21st, 2011, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm quite a few lbs below the average, but I'm sure it will catch up to me...I can feel it!

April 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
that pound per week makes me feel better too! I knew it was a pound per week in the 3rd, but I didn't think it was the 2nd too and I was upset at myself.

April 21st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am in the right amount, but I didn't gain it at the rate they said. A little here a lot there

April 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still 16 pounds down from my 3 week pregnancy weight., I was 178 at the ER that night and at my last appt I was 162....so that would be a big fat no.......

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

April 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I'm below. I don't expect to end up where they say I will at 40 weeks either. God I hope not. I will see some viscious numbers that I never wanted to see in my life if I do.

April 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Happy Mommy
well I don't like that site, I thougth I was doing good with 14 pounds but I guess not
April 21st, 2011, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish they would make these for women having twins ? Not sure where I would be at... So far I have gained about 18 lbs at 24 weeks. ???
April 21st, 2011, 08:31 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've pretty much followed the pattern I guess. If I gain 1 pound a week for the rest of my pregnancy I'll end up at 33 lbs total. Not too bad!

April 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary30 View Post
I wish they would make these for women having twins ? Not sure where I would be at... So far I have gained about 18 lbs at 24 weeks. ???
Hmm... that calculator is supposed to work for twins. Underneath where you put your height and weight, there's a drop down that asks if you are expecting twins or not. I picked that one to post because it did have twins listed. Sorry!

April 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly have no idea because I don't weigh myself and I don't own a scale. They do weigh me at my appts though and at this point in my pregnancy I've only gained a total of 7 lbs. I wonder how much I'll be up at my May 2nd appt.
April 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewDivine View Post
I am in the right amount, but I didn't gain it at the rate they said. A little here a lot there

April 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Apparently, I'm average too.
April 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
According to this index I was underweight before I got pregnant (although I don't think that is right..hmm).

Anyways I was 120lbs, and 2 weeks ago I was 133lbs. This says I should be around 140-142lbs. So, unless I gained 10lbs the last 2 weeks (which is very possible lol) then I will match it. If not, then I am still underweight, but I have gained 13lbs.
April 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No not even close! LOL With london I put a total of 14lbs on (1 lb short of the minimum for my BMI at the time my goal was- 15-25lbs). This time I should be in 25-35lbs group since I lost wt post baby thanks to BFing.... ..I may make it by the end but so far at 24 weeks i'm up 1lb (which is more than last time at this time! LOL). So I would need 2lbs per week from here out to make my recommendation this time.
April 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I never went to the site.. So it says I am just a couple lbs under were I should be for my weight !!!! I will take that !!
April 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
well I don't like that site, I thougth I was doing good with 14 pounds but I guess not
You're right on target with 14lbs Ro. 4lbs for the first 13 weeks then 1lb a week from weeks 13-25 = 12lbs. That's a total of 16lbs.

Tags
calculator , pregnancy , weight gain

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search