Pregnancy Loss Statistics

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
Thought this was interesting so I'm sharing

Statistics

April 24th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Love.My.Lil.Family's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing, that is great information. I have look it up at least a dozen times and each time I got different answers. So seeing it listed like that was def. a relief because I can't help but worry all the time! My next appt. is tomorrow and I am dying to see / hear a heartbeat for a little more relief and a better due date! You are awesome!! lol

April 25th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Michilee1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing. It's very reassuring to see those numbers.

April 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Super Mommy
thank you for posting that! it really reasuring to see those numbers go down as the weeks go by.
April 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Just lurking from the Oct. DDC, but I wanted to say thank-you for posting this!

I've had a few spotting episodes, so it's re-assuring to know what my "risk" is. It's hard to find good stats, but those ones look to be more clearly explained that others I have come across!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

April 25th, 2011, 09:45 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for posting this. the numbers are very reassuring.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
like everyone else, i found alot of comfort in this article. Thank you!
April 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Glad these were able to reassure some ladies! I know when I read it I was like "ooh, I feel better" lol

April 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
ditto everybody else. Thanks for posting this link!
April 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Lurking from Nov DDC but thank you so much for posting this. It's something I always worry about since I've had a loss in the past. It definitely gave my some peace seeing those numbers.

April 25th, 2011, 04:40 PM
shannonranee
I think my %'s are way higher then what they listed since I have lost 6 out of 8 (including this one) babies I have been pregnant with. Mine is more like 75% loss through week 7.
April 25th, 2011, 09:51 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
this was very reassuring.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
April 25th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonranee View Post
I think my %'s are way higher then what they listed since I have lost 6 out of 8 (including this one) babies I have been pregnant with. Mine is more like 75% loss through week 7.
out of curiosity have the doctors been able to give any explanation as to why you have the recurrent miscarriages? what are they doing to try to avoid? I had 3 early losses but all at like 4 weeks 1 day.. basically immediately and I'm just on progesterone this time around. I hadn't seen anyone but a regular OB regarding the losses and was about to see an RE when I got pregnant this time.

April 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavewoman View Post
out of curiosity have the doctors been able to give any explanation as to why you have the recurrent miscarriages? what are they doing to try to avoid? I had 3 early losses but all at like 4 weeks 1 day.. basically immediately and I'm just on progesterone this time around. I hadn't seen anyone but a regular OB regarding the losses and was about to see an RE when I got pregnant this time.
They are guessing it is my PCOS and MTHFR mutation. we are not doing anything to prevent it. There is nothing that can be done. I saw an RE for over 10 years. a few of them were tubal and obviously they cant do anything at that point other than terminate. I was actually given less than a 1% chance of ever carrying a baby past the first few months.
April 25th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonranee View Post
They are guessing it is my PCOS and MTHFR mutation. we are not doing anything to prevent it. There is nothing that can be done. I saw an RE for over 10 years. a few of them were tubal and obviously they cant do anything at that point other than terminate. I was actually given less than a 1% chance of ever carrying a baby past the first few months.
Are you on a blood thinner. My sil has that and had to be on a blood thinner or she would lose the baby. I also have pcos and I've had 6 losses as well. I am on metformin to prevent miscarriage and progesterone when needed. Luckily I didnt need it this time.

Tags
loss , miscarriage , pregnancy , statistics

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search