List your 6-8 wk HCG levels here to help me out....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM
It's a BOY and a GIRL!
....because I'm losing my mind. On monday the U/S measured me at 6wk 1 day even though by LMP I was 7 wk 3 days(which if I O'd late is not that far off). My HCG that day was 45234. My repeat HCG on wed at exactly 48 hours later was 57832. which has me doubling every 5 days, and I found a whole bunch of links (**** you google! lol) which say HCGs >6000 have an average doubling time of >96 hours (4 days). My Dr acknowledges that both possibilities are options and we just have to wait and see how the baby develops regardless of what the numbers are. So I could either be middle of the road and everything is fine or this pregnancy is kaput. The not knowing is driving me completely insane.

Anyone else have stories of slow rising HCG's but the pregnancy or baby is going/went completely fine? I'd also be happy to hear the stories of what HCG levels did during m/c's just so I have some real life experiences to compare mine too.......

April 28th, 2011, 04:26 PM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
Dont stress your self out. Ive never had and hcg done with my pregnancy( just my mc) but i can tell you its normal to be a week behind. Both dds and ds were a week behind my lmp date. This babys actually ahead some how.
April 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Love.My.Lil.Family's Avatar Super Mommy
I had mine drawn, but I was only 4 almost 5 weeks along and mine were 1125 on 4/13 and 2360 on 4/15, but thats all i've had done! Your numbers seem to be great! I hope all goes well!

April 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I only had mine drawn around 4 weeks, so I don't have any experience with numbers that far along. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry! Will the doctor be doing some kind of follow up to help ease your mind?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
April 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
It's a BOY and a GIRL!
I have an appt tomorrow for another ultrasound to see if there was any further development since monday. Hopefully that will finally give me an answer one way or another....

April 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your numbers are REALLY high! I woldnt worry about it. My ultrasound had me dated a week behind too. My HCG at 5 weeks was 11000. In 48 hours it only went up to 17000. I asked the nurse if I should be concerned. She said no because at some point everyones numbers stop doubling and everyone is different as to when they stop. Then I had another ultrasound to look for the heartbeat and we saw it! Not only that but I was no longer measuring a week behind. I'm sure everything will work out for you. It seems like so many people on here are dated a week behind.

Thank you *Julka* for my beautiful siggy
April 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot to ask.... did you see a heart beat or anything at your last ultrasound?

Thank you *Julka* for my beautiful siggy
April 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea but hope everything is ok.
April 28th, 2011, 08:11 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
At 6 Weeks 1 day ( based on Ovulation ) or 6 Weeks 4 days LMP mine was 15,340. My Doctor was very happy with that and didn't request a follow up.

April 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM
shannonranee
at about 5w 3d mine was 19,800. that was earlier this week. you have great numbers - why did they even check hcg again? once you hit 6 weeks hcg levels are not a good indication of how the pregnancy is going - ultrasounds are more reliable.
April 29th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Super Mommy
mine were 14,800 at 7 weeks 4 days and 18,000 at 7 weeks 6 days - so mine's not doubling in 48 hours anymore. I have an ultrasound today to confirm everything is going ok. I agree with the previous poster who said that once you get so far along the HGC evens out a bit, so i think as long as it's still going up its good. hopefully your ultrasound will ease your mind.
April 29th, 2011, 06:16 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I only got mine drawn when I was 5 weeks 1 day, and it was reading 2700

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My readings at 5 and half weeks were 12000 something.I dont know now.
April 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM
NannyJen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your numbers are perfectly fine. As long as they're still going up, you have nothing to worry about. At this point, pg is confirmed so it's not recommended you keep testing (blood or hpt) because you'll just drive yourself crazy lol

February 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I don't know if this helps...and honestly I don't really know what it means...if its a good thing or what? If it might mean more than one baby? I don't know. Would just like some opinions. I had my hcg checked at 4 weeks 4 days and it was 596, then had it checked again at 5 weeks 5 days and it was almost 18000. So they are tripling which is a good sign...I think.. I also have a question about breast tenderness... it used to feel like I had been hit repeatedly by a mack truck and now its just tender... of course I keep poking them to make sure they still hurt lol and they def do..just not nearly as bad. Does anyone remember when there breasts stopped being so sore. Also this is my third kid ... Im only 6 weeks and 3 days and I look like Im 3 or 4 months!!!! Anyone else experience any of this?? Thanks!!
February 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
lol.. I was reading this and was like what the heck?>! I haven't seen these people post in forever.

February 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Lol. I know!!
February 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I love my family!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
lol.. I was reading this and was like what the heck?>! I haven't seen these people post in forever.
Hahahaha! I kept wondering if I had wandered into the wrong room.
February 27th, 2013, 03:35 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
LOL I mustve checked where I was like 5 times!

February 27th, 2013, 05:55 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had my HCG levels taken with any of my pregnancies. Do some doctors check it just in case, or is it only if they suspect something is wrong? I wish I could be more help! But I agree w/ the others....the internet is scary and you'll psyche yourself out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search