Birth Regrets

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I really hope to avoid pitocin this time around, as well as the epidural. I didn't get the epi till after the pit, so I'm hoping that the reason I caved was because of the intensity of my contrax at just 4 cm, which was likely due to the pitocin since it's known for creating stronger, more intense contrax. Hopefully my body will just progress on its own this time, instead of taking two days to get from a 2 to a 4!!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Being induce. I don't want to be any where near a hospital this time. I will be using a birth center and a MW and going natural this time.

May 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to jump on the bandwagon and say induction.
May 3rd, 2011, 06:01 AM
LindsAyla's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I waited until 6cm for the epi which was good, but I had a lot of back labor (sunny side up baby)...I started feeling EVERYTHING again around 8cm, and I told the nurse...nobody did anything about it. I just thought it stopped working. I heard this can happen so I figured there wasn't much I could do. AFTER I delivered DD, a different nurse found a loose cord that wasn't connected to anything. The other side of the epi cord came unhooked from the box of epi medication, so it was no longer connected to me. The nurse said, "Well, THIS was your problem" and told me what it was, and I was in disbelief. I could have raised hell about it, but I didn't. Really...the nurse should have kept quiet and not even told me, but I'm glad she did, so I know to watch out for that next time!

Also...I will try to avoid pitocin. I handled the contractions before pitocin very well. The contrax AFTER pitocin were a whole different beast!!!! They were one on top of another without breaks in between...it was awful!

Knowing what I know now, I'm hoping for a much more comfortable labor
May 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I wouldn't really change anything about his actual birth. The induction wasn't a great process by any means, but baby and I both tolerated it well. I went in to the hospital saying "whatever happens happens." I wasn't going to be distraught over a birth that didn't go "my way" because I was content that at the end of labor I would have a beautiful baby boy. With that said, I would prefer NOT to be induced this time. I don't know if it will make much difference, but I would like to go into labor on my own, just to experience it if nothing else. I pray that I will have my doctor on call when I deliver, he was wonderful. He was with me the entire two hours that I pushed, and was extremely encouraging and helpful. I know that had any other doctor been on call when I labored, I would have had a c-section for failure to progress after 12 hours of being 1cm. Overall, I'm glad I had the experience that I did, because I KNOW what my body can do. I know that I can deliver a 10+lb baby, I know that I can labor for hours on end without requiring a c-section (granted baby is tolerating well).. I'm excited to see how it all plays out this time around, and hopefully it will be even more pleasant than last time!

Otherwise, I don't really have any other complaints, the staff at the hospital were all wonderful.. Visitors came and only stayed for a short period of time.. Seriously, it was a great experience!

May 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Wow a lot of you all seemed to have issues with visitors and calls. When I go to the hospital to give birth I registers anonymous and request a do not show on my babies and at the last hospital they even went so far as to give him an alias last name on his bassinet.

May 3rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
I think age plays a lot into it (I was 22 the first time around & will be 30 this time around) but there is a lot that is going to be different.

The top 2 so far are:

No meds for as long as possible. I was so looped up the first time I couldn't concentrate.

No family except my husband in the room. I don't care who says what. GTFO lol.

I'm sure I will add more to this list but for now that seems pretty self explanatory & to the point lol!

May 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
I have had two hospital births, one with a epidural the 2nd one i made it my goal to have a med free birth and did it was great, i left the hospital with my son when he was 6hours old AMA i was not about to pay a $200 co pay to share a tiny room and even smaller bathroom. I plan on having a homebirth with this baby if i can convince hubby.
Did your insurance pay for the delivery? I heard that they wouldn't if you leave AMA.

Tags
btdt qotd , pregnancy , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search