What are you doing to lose?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Dink2d's Avatar Veteran
Are you putting more focus on your diet or your workout? Before pregnancy I was on a low glycemic diet that worked really well but I hate not being able to eat what I want (I can do portion control) And I have the knees of an old man so finding something that doesn't kill me and keeps me interested is my biggest challenge. I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing to get some ideas.
May 10th, 2011, 02:39 AM
aprilmommy's Avatar Veteran
Anyone know if weight watchers has a plan for breastfeeding moms? I have done WW in the past and it works like a charm, I just don't know if I can diet while bfing...any ideas?

May 10th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Angela85's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My focus is diet and as much workout as I can fit in.

May 10th, 2011, 07:49 AM
miamor
i like to think my vegetarian diet is already pretty low fat, so for me it has to be just being active and getting muscles working. definitely going to circuit train. it helped me lose 50lbs before, so i'm going back to what worked in the past. i was overweight in the past due to inactivity and i'm not going to make that mistake again.
May 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
Samantha - WW does work while nursing. I did it right after I had my first daughter and it worked fantastic. They juts allow you an extra amoutn of points per day to ensure you are getting what you and baby need to maintain your nursing. I have just signed up again and cant wait to get started. I really want to get rid of this baby weight before summer, or at least get a handle on it! I gained 50 pounds with this pregnancy and have a ton of it to still loose even at 4 weeks pp!! Yikes!!
May 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Veteran
I focus more on the workout .. and that usually helps me eat better during the day. Before I got pregnant, I ran/walked on the treadmill 5 days a week, did the 30 day shred DVD a couple times a week, used free weights for my arms, and kept my calorie intake around 1200. I lost 30 pounds. I'm back down to my pre-preggo weight, but the flab is out of control! I want to lose at least another 20. So hopefully I can jump right back into that routine in 2 more weeks when I get the all clear from my dr.

May 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
iluvmybabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to be exercising and starting Herbalife...
newest addition ~ Annabella Kristine 3.16.2011

Thank you Trishosaurus for the beautiful siggy

May 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im already on a very restricted diet so that isnt a problem for me (no gluten for me all the time, no dairy while im BFing Charlotte). So im really just focusing on exercise, i really like being fit so im getting back into my old routine asap! My favorite is running, but then i also really like swimming, rollerblading, and the gym weights, oh and biking too, so i'll do all of those throughout the week and then i dont get bored! I would love to take classes like pilates and aerobics, but its just too much of a juggle with the kids, its just easier if i go off when DH is available to watch them. Plus if i stick with this plan i can use all the facilities for free at DH's work so its really cheap. Its just lonely to work out by myself all the time...but i have a new ipod shuffle so music is keeping me company, and its so much more fun to work out too

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

May 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Angela85's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, what do you eat?! I can't eat dairy while BFing and I feel like I have no options, I can't imagine that AND no gluten!!

May 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
SuthrnMommy's Avatar That's "Doctor" to you!
I am mostly doing the workout thing. I like food too much and fail every time I give up what I like. I am doing stretching/ab exercises and walking 2-3 miles a 2-3 times a week (while flexing abs to get even more ab strengthening in-I hate my belly!!). I am just seeing what this does first before I get into it more and devote more time. If this helps me then I am not going to put more work into it lol!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, AlexAiden Mommy!
May 12th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
I am trying to focus more on the exercise aspect while making healthy food choices. I'm not worried about restricting calories right yet... I'm not doing too bad; I'm down about 25 lbs of the 35 that I gained.

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

May 12th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
I'm doing WW and will start back on my old work out routine in a few weeks. I use the elliptical one day and swim the next, repeat. Walk whenever I can.
May 15th, 2011, 03:15 PM
PennyLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had her 5 days ago so right now I'm relying on EBF and I'm using thedailyplate.com to track what I'm eating. I'm eating 1800-2000 cals per day and will resume exercising when I'm able.

Tags
april 11 get fit club

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search