Anyone else doing Weight Watchers?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Super Mommy
Hi all!

A few years ago I did WW online and lost 50lbs. It really does work. I signed up again and was trying to wait until 6 weeks pp (I'm 4 weeks now), but WW has a plan that adds more points if you are BF. I started yesterday. I'm really excited to get down to my skinny jeans again! Now all I have to do is wait a few more weeks to work out and I can start adding those activity points.

We should have a weekly WW thread and post food finds, recipes, etc. if enough people are using WW. I have a ton of tips I've learned.
May 17th, 2011, 10:22 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
I am!! I did it after my first daughter and it worked like a charm! I just signed up online again today to start it again and have spent the night reading all about the new pointsplus program. I love that all fruits are now zero points!! I think a WW thread would be great!! I actually was just on ebay and bought a new points calculator and the the starter kit with all the tracking sheets and pocket guide. Really excited to get rid of all this yuck! I have 40 pounds to go. Ugh... this is way worse than after DD1. I was back to normal so fast after her. So glad to haev a WW buddy! Good luck!
May 18th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
I thought about it, but I don't really have the money for it right now. I have the points finder for the old points system, but it wont work with the new points system. If I knew how many points I was allowed to begin with ( I'm not sure how to figure it out) then I could probably do it on my own, but without buying the gadget thingy, I'm not sure how to figure out my dialy points allowance.

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

May 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Super Mommy
Ambie- they waive the start up fee if you sign up for three months online now. Its around $45 I think. You can also google the old points calculator and how many points you supposed to get a day. I remember doing that awhile back and it was accurate, but it was the OLD points system (momentum).

Good luck ladies! I'm already down 3lbs. this week
May 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
aprilmommy's Avatar Veteran
I signed up for it but now cant find the time to enter what i eat each day. any time saving tips?

May 23rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Super Mommy
I hardly ever enter what I eat each day, but I do check off the fruits, veggies, etc. when I can. I just keep the number of points I've eaten in my head each day. I did download WW mobile on my phone so that could save you some time. When nursing I try to log on WW mobile on my phone and look up points, etc. so you may be able to try that. The app was free.
May 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM
aprilmommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by chai27 View Post
I hardly ever enter what I eat each day, but I do check off the fruits, veggies, etc. when I can. I just keep the number of points I've eaten in my head each day. I did download WW mobile on my phone so that could save you some time. When nursing I try to log on WW mobile on my phone and look up points, etc. so you may be able to try that. The app was free.
Oh thats a good idea. i will see if i can find that app. do you have android or iphone. What is the exact name of the app you use/ I tried to find one and didnt know which one was best.

May 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
I am going to start WW next pay period. Gonna start it out with a big old pot of homemade chicken tortilla soup. Before I got pregnant I did WW for a while and my soup was like 20 points for the whole dang pot (which has at least 12 big servings) if I remember right. Can't wait!

My problem last time around was actually eating all my allotted points. Being such a big girl I get a ton of points and it was tough to eat that much when its all healthy and not worth many points.
May 24th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmommy View Post
Oh thats a good idea. i will see if i can find that app. do you have android or iphone. What is the exact name of the app you use/ I tried to find one and didnt know which one was best.
I have an android phone. I just searched weight watchers on the android app store and it was the official weight watchers app. There is a separate points calculator that is the official weight watchers one too. Both are free.

Chelle- I get 43 points right now. It's a ton! Especially now that fruits and veggies are free. It is tough to eat all those points. One trick I use is instead of eating low-fat stuff I'll eat the full fat version to add in more points. I do this with peanut butter, cheese, etc. You'll have to post that soup recipe when you have time

Tags
april 11 get fit club

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search