Baby Shower Timing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: When?
Before 25 Weeks 0 0%
25-30 Weeks 5 26.32%
30-35 Weeks 7 36.84%
35-40 Weeks 0 0%
Not Having A Shower 4 21.05%
Unsure 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots of recent talk about showers in here. When will you have your shower?
May 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I barely got one for my DD and that was because I kinda "made" the godmother do it and it ended up being mostly my mom. Doubt anyone will do anything this time....sigh.

May 15th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will have to do mine again. I think with it being 5 years between it is acceptable to have a little one for clothes, blankets, and such. So I will have to just come up with everything again.

May 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
mzbrnbear's Avatar GabrielandLiliana'sMommy
I like to have mine later in the pregnancy, but early enough that I can have time to still buy what I am missing, and get everything put away and ready for the baby.
May 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really sure when it the "right" timing? I would like to do it in September because the weather will still be nice and we can have people inside and outside. I want to have 2 showers, one smaller one for just family, and then a co-ed shower for friends.

We will have to wait and see!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
May 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I doubt anyone will have one for me this time unless it's a girl... my friend said something about a maybe a sprinkle, but who knows... as for timing it'll be hard to time, my youngest's bday is in August and my oldest is in September, so it'll have to around those parties if we have one...

May 15th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiep726 View Post
I'm not really sure when it the "right" timing? I would like to do it in September because the weather will still be nice and we can have people inside and outside. I want to have 2 showers, one smaller one for just family, and then a co-ed shower for friends.

We will have to wait and see!
I am just throwing this out there cause before I figured out my dates it was our idea, and you are farther along. We were planning on doing a huge type of cookout for labor day (first monday in September) we usually have a cook out anyway, so we were going to tie the 2 together
May 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll probably have a couple of showers, this being our first baby and all. We work together, so we'll have a work shower, and then probably a co-ed shower for non-work friends. I'm thinking late August/September will be good timing - and since we're huge football fans, the co-ed shower will probably revolve around football somehow. I like your Labor Day plan, Jessica....that's good timing, too. We'll see - it just depends on who offers to host one. We won't host our own.

May 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I put 30-35 weeks, but I'd say 28-32 weeks is about the right time to have one!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
May 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Ma-2-Thing 1-2-n-3's Avatar Leslie ~ 2 boys ~ 1 girl
I don't even know if I am having a shower this time.
May 15th, 2011, 12:49 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I'll more than likely have it in October same as I did with my son.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
May 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
I chose 25-30 weeks, but it may be between 24-28 weeks, IF i have a shower this time. My family will probably do the same thing this time around if we have a girl, and do my shower sometime late august, before i get to the point of not travelling as i get closer to my due date...all my family lives in SC, i live in MS

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryjewelsc View Post
I chose 25-30 weeks, but it may be between 24-28 weeks, IF i have a shower this time. My family will probably do the same thing this time around if we have a girl, and do my shower sometime late august, before i get to the point of not travelling as i get closer to my due date...all my family lives in SC, i live in MS
That's what we are doing to...I don't want to go to far after I am 30 weeks and my mom agrees. I have been measuring big at every appointment and with this being number 2 she is afraid it is going to come quicker. My insurance is crap and if something happens when I am at home I will have to pay out of pocket for delivery. I would be a nervous wreck will I was home and wouldn't enjoy it at all
May 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally doubt I will have one.

May 15th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Veteran
i have no idea if i'll have one, i don't live near friends or family so most likely not.

Tags
baby shower , general pregnancy , pregnancy , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search