Preparing for Baby

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Veteran
We mostly talk. We are trying to switch to a 3 br at our apartment complex so if that happens, we will move in how we plan on having it and that works so much better then rearranging in our current one to move later on anyways. we mostly talk finances. what we want paid off first and at what point we will get the new car (thinking end of august/beginning of september) bc we want to use the money we would spend on a new car to pay off other stuff right now. we have talked names, and after the gender appointment then we will probably start buying stuff. but I have so many people contributing right now, so I don't want to start buying stuff that I am going to be given... or maybe I should and just keep the receipts.... lol. I dunno. I just wanna get a little of my debt paid off in the next 2 months and then go crazy with the extra money I will have lol.
May 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
**Linda**
We are going to test drive cars this week. I have a convertible mini, that is for sale. We also need to move the guest bedroom to an empty room right now. Then we are going to find paint. And I'm trying to find fabric for bedding that my sister-in-law is going to have made for me. I'm in the process of making lists, lots and lots of lists!! I'm a planner. I like to have a plan.

May 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing yet wont buy big items til Sept/October.

We have talked about moving our daughter to the bedroom downstairs and turning her room into the baby's room since it's across the hall from our room but not sure if we will actually do it. Right now the room downstiars is a guest room/sewing room/ catch all still from when we moved in back at the end of november lol.

May 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Karen P.'s Avatar Veteran
Haven't done the first thing! The bad thing about our house is the master bedroom is downstairs on the main level and the other 3 bedrooms are upstairs. We are trying to figure out which room to convert to a nursery - its either the guest bedroom, the workout room or my office.

http://www.Facebook.com/KarenPickardFitness
May 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't started anything yet. I saved eveything from my daughter so we are kinda just waiting to find out the sex and go from there. I have a few ideas but that's it. I feel like I still have lots of time.
May 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
Nothing yet! I find out baby's gender on Thursday so I will do either some shopping for new things if it's a boy or go through my old clothes and then shop if it's a girl!

But we only just moved into this house, and there is no third bedroom, so we will eventually buy new furniture for DD and then move the baby furniture into our room (lucky it's pretty big). I will start looking for car seat, stroller (still deciding what to do here!) and all the extras after the 20 week scan. I am now regretting selling DD's play mat, bouncy seat, bumbo etc., but it will be fun to reshop for it, eventually! I am such a procratinator!!!!

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

Tags
baby prep , pregnancy , pregnancy qotd , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search