Preparing for Baby

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Most of us are about to begin or in the 2nd trimester...are you doing anything right now to prepare for the baby?
May 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
Ive moved the furniture in my room right now to make it more spacious for the baby furniture I plan to put in here. Started my cloth diaper stash. Next month I hope to purchase crib, changing table, car seat and stroller, and then Ill have all the big essentials out of the way super early.
May 14th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow you are definitly farther then I am lol...We if down alot of mind prep )saying this, that, and o this needs to be done but nothing getting moved around yet. I have been getting alot of info ready for my shower and getting the ball rolling there. Tomorrow I am starting to purge my dd's room, any toys that don't get played with that won't work for baby, clothes that are to small and anything else I can find is getting boxed and taken to the consignment store on Friday and I'll make some baby purchases with the money I make
May 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
Yea I didnt have a crib until after my daughter was born, my dad is the one who purchased it, and its beleived that you jinx the baby if you have the crib in the house before baby arrives. I will not be waiting around this time, and I kinda dont wanna rely on other people to offer to purchase something, because the people who usually do wait until the extreme last minute possible. Im having some xtra income coming in next month so I want to use that to knock those big purchases out of the way, found a crib and changing table set for 200$ so thats an awesome deal. We dont have lots of money to spread around so I really want to work on getting everything little by little and big things out of the way 1st.
May 15th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
We mostly are just talking more about the baby--names, decor for the nursery, post-partum doula or nanny, guesses about size and due date, stuff like that. And I'm making lists of what we need, but I doubt I'll buy anything big until after 30 weeks, and I probably won't buy anything little unless the gender ultrasound says boy, then I imagine I won't be able to stop myself from doing a litte clothes shopping!
I already have our spare baby toys, clothes, bedding and cloth diapers packed up in the basement... I guess sometime I should go and check and see if I labled those boxes adequately and what kind of shape the contents are in.

May 15th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well we are waiting until after DD's birthday to tear apart the extra room. lol. We are moving the bunk bed into her room minus the top bunk. Last thing I need is for her to fall off it. Then we are gutting the whole room. He is redoing the walls and carpet. Then I will put DD's little twin bed somewhere......... But after that I will start buying things for the baby. Her birthday is in 3 weeks so we will be having guests that will sleep in there so that is why we are waiting.

May 15th, 2011, 05:39 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Nothing here - I've learned a few pregnancies ago that its pointless to stress about working to get everything ready lol. As long as I have diapers ready, the clothes are washed, and the bassinet is out I'm good to go. And I procrastinate so I'll do that last minute. Heck, I don't typically even pack my hospital bag til my water breaks lol.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 15th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing much here. We need to turn the office into a nursery (which requires packing up and donating a ton of books) but I'll do that this summer when I am off work.

May 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm off work this summer as well so this is when we will get the bulk of the getting ready done. First off we need to empty the office that will be the nursery. I'm waiting to get a 20% off coupon from BRU to buy our bedding set. Once we have that we will use it to pick out the pain colors.

I really want to go ahead and put the whole nursery together but I know some of our family members want to get us some of the big stuff so we will have to wait a little while. I appreciate all the help we can get when it comes to purchasing stuff! We will probably continue to stock up on little things like diapers, wipes, burp cloths, etc. We're not finding out the gender so anything clothes I find that I like and are gender nuetral I will be buying

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
May 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Haven't done anything yet... just talked about what we need to do... I'm not stressing though.. baby will sleep in my room for the first several months anyway, and I only really need to get clothes if it's a girl... have everything else

May 15th, 2011, 07:11 AM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
i have a nursery pack in play so we wont be getting a crib until later. i rarely used our changing table for my DS so i wont be getting one of those this time. im waitng to find out what the sex is becuase i am getting used stuff
May 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
We're just trying to get the house organized and some projects done around here so I don't have to worry about them as I'm further along or after the baby comes.

<3
May 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm slowly starting to peck away at our "storage" room to turn it into the nursery. I have to start now or there's no way I'd get it done in time! Plus I've heard rumor it's going to be a really hot summer so I'd rather spend my free time relaxing or at my in-law's in their pool, so I'm getting as much done while it's still cool. We also have to reorganize almost every room. Our office is a disaster and we still have boxes in the living room and master bedroom. I'd like it all done before baby gets here!

I'm not one for superstitions, I'm one for sales. My grandpa wants to buy us our stroller/infant car seat so as soon as I see the one I want on sale we'll get it. My dad wants to by us the crib, so same thing. As soon as we find the one we want and can find it on sale, it's ours.

May 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a thing....we go on vacation in two weeks, so once we're home we'll probably start cleaning out. We'll have to move our office upstairs, so that'll be a lot of packing and moving heavy furniture (I've already told DH that we'll hire movers to do that - I don't want his buddies banging up the stairwell walls!). I haven't even looked at bedding sets or furniture or anything - gender scan is on Tuesday, and if they're pretty confident in the results, then we may start looking. Otherwise, I may wait until the 20 week u/s to be sure. I have had the urge to clean out other areas of the house (garage, closets), but I haven't done anything about it.

May 15th, 2011, 01:32 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
The next couple of weeks will be cleaning the house, to try and put it on the market soon. Since this is my "first" baby I want to wait until we know the sex so that we can get gender specific stuff. But I am starting to stock up on the plain (either gender) use items in about 2 weeks. Wish I could decide on the style crib I want.

May 15th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, the consignment shop sold the mini crib I wanted so bad. And they do not make it anymore. So I will keep on the look out for that.

I will also be starting my stash of diapers. I remember how newborns go through those. Also I will be buying my son's high back booster seat soon. Baby will go into Pork's car seat and they will all move up once the baby is born (I am sure my almost 4 year old will hit 30lbs by then.

Also in the next month or two I will be getting that movement baby monitor.

I know I will have a shower, but it is hard for me to trust that people will buy things. Even when they say they will. My mother let me down several times with my first so....
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
May 15th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Veteran
We are waiting till we move to do anything. We live in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment right now, so there is no space here!
May 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Veteran
I joined the twins club in my area and they're having a massive garage sale type thing next week that I may hit up to see if I can get some gently used twin supplies for cheap.
May 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Veteran
nothing done....well i bought a few sleepers, but that's really it. We are trying to find a bigger apartment so i'm putting it off for a bit. Plus i'm just not ready to prepare yet.
May 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to organize my bedroom and move around the furniture to make a place for the baby to sleep in the bassinet or pack and play for a little while... I'm not stressing about the nursery. We do have a spare bedroom that has all the baby stuff (clothes, bath items, bottles, etc.) in bins. I'm just not ready to do it... I also don't want anyone breathing down my neck when I do it, so I'll do it at my own pace.

Tags
baby prep , pregnancy , pregnancy qotd , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search