Rachel's BTDT advice for surviving the third trimester - share yours!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if these things make me want to laugh or cry!
May 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
when i was pregnant with tori, i was in the tub and noone was home. i had to flip over on my hands and knees to get out LMAO!
This is how I usually get out of the tub now I keep getting so scared that I'm going to fall.
May 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Make Tums & Tylenol your BFFs. There will be days when you feel like this is all you take (not that they'll do any good anyway )

Keep in mind that there really will be a day when you can roll over in bed & not feel like your insides are being ripped from one end to the other.

And it may not be easy to sleep, but it's true what they say about resting now while you can. Colic ain't no walk in the park!

May 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
mico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CHAIRS??? I was in a HAMMOCK this weekend.... try getting out of THAT one!! I'll take a chair ANY DAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Thank you brie_91 for my Siggy!
May 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I was just going to say, don't tell your husband that! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I'm, um, gonna keep Neely in the dark about that one, OK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
Nope. I will definitely not be sharing that with DH. He would be all too willingly to help ripen my cervix as fast as possible, LOL
Yeah, I got burned on this one... I read it while sitting next to Tim. I started cracking up laughing, he looked at the computer screen. He's been giving me reminders and suggesting practice on a regular basis

Quote:
Funny story, sort of related.

Last night we were watching TV and a commercial for the sweet/sour Twizzlers came on. I said "I want to try those." Neely says "if horse manure was sweet and sour, you'd want to try it." I said "I don't think I'd ever eat horse manure." He was quiet for a minute and then said "hmm, I'm sitting here wondering if there's a way to make my semen sweet and sour."

I clobbered him with a pillow.
Ok so you know how I'm really curious about stuff, and look up pretty much anything that crosses my mind... there IS a way - it's all in the diet. But yeah, I totally learned my lesson from the cervical ripening business and am NOT sharing that one with Tim

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
May 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mico View Post
CHAIRS??? I was in a HAMMOCK this weekend.... try getting out of THAT one!! I'll take a chair ANY DAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
I can picture it! Yes, definitely stay away from hammocks, too! Unless you're practicing for clown school or something.
May 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
♥ Do not ever (and I mean ever) sit in one of these chairs. If you do, you will be the laughing stock and brunt of jokes for your entire family for many years to come. Should you ever get pregnant again, you will be reminded of "that one time, you had to roll out of the camp chair" over and over again.

♥ Don't take a hot bath while you're home alone. You might end up sitting there for a few hours waiting for help to get out.

♥ You will pee your pants and think your water broke. It's OK to go to L&D anyway. No one will laugh at you (well no medical professionals anyway).
LOL! about the camp chair! I sit in one of those at my son's tball games (about 1-2 times per week). It's getting MUCH harder to get out of!!!! One time I wondered how it would be possible and started thinking "maybe if I rock..." hahaha!

May 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
mico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I can picture it! Yes, definitely stay away from hammocks, too! Unless you're practicing for clown school or something.
DH was home, but on the other side of the yard... SO... here is my "clown" technique... First of all, LUCKILY... DH mounted it extremely low to the ground... SO... I started swinging it so I could get my hand out and grabbed a hold of a lump of grass, HAHA... from there I could get steady and keep my hand on the grass and swing my one foot out. Somehow, I was able to sit up in it... then I sat there until DH looked over and decided to come help me actually stand up. Good thing he hadn't cut the grass yet!

Thank you brie_91 for my Siggy!
May 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Happy Mommy
with it coming up to summer, you also want to drink alot of water. because that will help on alot of things (swelling and dehydrating for starters)
May 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL at hammocks and adirondack chairs...... they truly are the spawn of satan for the 3rd trimester woman!
May 17th, 2011, 03:13 PM
imRockysgal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stay cool, hydrated and put your feet up as much as you can.
Don't wish the time away. As anxious as we all our to meet these babies, it's so much easier when they're inside.

Amy ... Mama to
Gabriella (9) .. Liliana (8)
Josefina (5) .. Marciano (4)
Baby Mateo Augustine 08/25/11

May 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
This thread is too much, lol!!
May 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol! Ok, I've peed in my pants and now must go change them. This is way too funny!

Take a few times to pamper yourself or do something just for you. It may be awhile before you get the opportunity again.
May 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Funny story, sort of related.

Last night we were watching TV and a commercial for the sweet/sour Twizzlers came on. I said "I want to try those." Neely says "if horse manure was sweet and sour, you'd want to try it." I said "I don't think I'd ever eat horse manure." He was quiet for a minute and then said "hmm, I'm sitting here wondering if there's a way to make my semen sweet and sour."

I clobbered him with a pillow.
DH walked in while I was giggling about this... So I told him about the whole cervix ripening thing.

He said he was "more than willing to help me ripen my cervix"... dream on buddy... (Though I might get desperate and willing to try anything )

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 17th, 2011, 07:11 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try not to let it get to you when everyone else on here starts having babies and you haven't had yours yet. Just chill. You will have your baby soon. I know once it gets close to the end everyone starts getting antsy and then others start posting cute newborn photos and it can make people go a bit nuts wanting to get the baby out! One of the bad things about DDCs at the end, it kind of "fuels the fire" to be done. If you have plans for a natural birth then just STICK WITH IT and try not to go crying to your doctor to get induced.

May 18th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2gomom View Post
Also - you can decide if you want to share with your DH/SO or not, but I've read that obtaining the "protein deposit" *ahem* orally ripens faster. Just FYI. Especially if you're on pelvic rest.
This might be but is it safe to do that?? I always think about it going to baby so I've *ahem* refrained from doing that.
May 18th, 2011, 06:29 AM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
--Go to the gas station and buy about 10 rolls of those travel Tums packs and stick them EVERYWHERE. Purse, glove box, your SOs car, etc. The heartburn is killer when there is a baby pushing your stomach up to your ears.

--Since we are all "lucky" enough to be pregnant during the summer, stock up on sundresses and flip flops. They will be your best friend when you can't see your feet and it's a chore to get dressed/undressed.

--If you have a recliner in your house, sleep in it. I slept in our recliner for the last 6-8 weeks of being pregnant with the twins. It was the only way I could get any rest.

--Nap. Often and proudly.

--Avoid mirrors for anything beyond basic hygiene. You will not enjoy the way that you look for these last few months. It's okay - we're all in the same boat.

--Stay as hydrated as possible. Edema is awful.

--Don't EVER pass gas while squatting/bending down. You will end up with more than you bargained for....right in your underwear.

--Even though this all sounds awful, enjoy these last couple of months of relative peace and quiet!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

May 18th, 2011, 06:36 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE this thread! Great idea Rachel!

I'm a FTM and not scared at all, too funny. I'm sure I will have my own stories!!

May 18th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol this is funny! I ditto the avoiding the phone. That "Have you had that baby" yet drives me nutty!!! And also the one about when all the other moms in here are having their babies. Just keep in mind you won't be pregnant forever even though it may feel like it!

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

May 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I love this thread..hilarious but SO true

One more thing. Dont drink castor oil. Its just going to make you poop, thats pretty much it. While it might help you labor out a turd, it hurts your belly and I'd go a more comfortable route....try the protein deposit! LOL

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

Tags
3rd trimester , advice , btdt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search