Rachel's BTDT advice for surviving the third trimester - share yours!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
♥ Do not ever (and I mean ever) sit in one of these chairs. If you do, you will be the laughing stock and brunt of jokes for your entire family for many years to come. Should you ever get pregnant again, you will be reminded of "that one time, you had to roll out of the camp chair" over and over again.

♥ Don't take a hot bath while you're home alone. You might end up sitting there for a few hours waiting for help to get out.

♥ You will pee your pants and think your water broke. It's OK to go to L&D anyway. No one will laugh at you (well no medical professionals anyway).
May 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
♥ You will pee your pants and think your water broke. It's OK to go to L&D anyway. No one will laugh at you (well no medical professionals anyway).
I totally agree with this!! Same goes with any other concern. You are your doctor's employer, so DO NOT feel bad about calling if you are worried about something.

May 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keep as busy as possible and try not to cry! haha

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 17th, 2011, 11:01 AM
First Timer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
Keep as busy as possible and try not to cry! haha
ditto LOL
May 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
try not to get too frustrated as your insomnia increases..... nobody sleeps in the the 3rd tri. try to catch a nap when you can!
May 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Kim
This is going to sound awful, but screen your phone calls when you get close to your due date or overdue; the "have you had that baby yet" calls (especially from your own mother) will drive you crazy!!

To go along with Rachel's, don't sit in one of these chairs either. You will not get out without help

Last edited by KMQ; May 17th, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
May 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMQ View Post
This is going to sound awful, but screen your phone calls when you get close to your due date or overdue; the "have you had that baby yet" calls (especially from your own mother) will drive you crazy!!

To go along with Rachel's, don't sit in one of these chairs either. You will not get out without help
Yeah, and people will even ask you this to your face, with your big ole belly standing between you. Try not to kill people. You might want to leave any dangerous weapons at home.
May 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Quote:
♥ Do not ever (and I mean ever) sit in one of these chairs. If you do, you will be the laughing stock and brunt of jokes for your entire family for many years to come. Should you ever get pregnant again, you will be reminded of "that one time, you had to roll out of the camp chair" over and over again.

♥ Don't take a hot bath while you're home alone. You might end up sitting there for a few hours waiting for help to get out.

I'm sorry that happened to you Rachel... I can just imagine and it's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
try not to get too frustrated as your insomnia increases..... nobody sleeps in the the 3rd tri. try to catch a nap when you can!

- Try sleeping sitting up. Wedge pillows around you on the couch. It might work for a few minutes.

- Run cold water over your wrists when you are having hot flashes.

- Keep an extra change of clothes in the vehicle. You may start leaking from above or below.

- Keep pads in the vehicle, general rule of thumb is that if a pad is filled in an hour, it may be a waters leak. Of course, call your OB/midwife, but they may want you to wear one and see how long it takes to fill up, which can be a pain in the butt if you have none.

- Laugh often, but not too hard. No one wants to smell like pee.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
May 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Oh, one other thing. Sometime during this summer, you're going to be out and about in the heat and you'll start sweating and swear you're leaking fluid. It is possible to sweat that much, honestly.

Oh, I almost forgot. Sex really does help ripen the cervix for labor & delivery. This is not something made up by husbands to get lucky.
May 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Happy Mommy
when someone asks how much longer SMILE and say XX months/weeks/days what have you. do NOT let them see you waiver, they will see this and go for it. people don't mean to be mean, but it will come across horrible, so just don't give them that oppertunity
May 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot. Sex really does help ripen the cervix for labor & delivery. This is not something made up by husbands to get lucky.
Also - you can decide if you want to share with your DH/SO or not, but I've read that obtaining the "protein deposit" *ahem* orally ripens faster. Just FYI. Especially if you're on pelvic rest.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Last edited by way2gomom; May 17th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
May 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMQ View Post
Keep this in your bookmarks Have you had that baby yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2gomom View Post
Also - you can decide if you want to share with your DH/SO or not, but I've read that obtaining it *ahem* orally ripens faster. Just FYI. Especially if you're on pelvic rest.
I was just going to say, don't tell your husband that! lol

May 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Also - you can decide if you want to share with your DH/SO or not, but I've read that obtaining the "protein deposit" *ahem* orally ripens faster. Just FYI. Especially if you're on pelvic rest.
I'm, um, gonna keep Neely in the dark about that one, OK?
May 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

♥ .
HAHAH I just had this happen the other night. It probably took me over 5 minutes to be able to stand up. I was pretty close to calling my hubby for help but then I knew he'd make fun of me so I kept at it and finally got up.
May 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Funny story, sort of related.

Last night we were watching TV and a commercial for the sweet/sour Twizzlers came on. I said "I want to try those." Neely says "if horse manure was sweet and sour, you'd want to try it." I said "I don't think I'd ever eat horse manure." He was quiet for a minute and then said "hmm, I'm sitting here wondering if there's a way to make my semen sweet and sour."

I clobbered him with a pillow.
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

I sat in one of those chairs but it had the foot rest attached yeah it flipped over backwards on me it was at a BIG family gathering for one of brett's sisters college graduation.

I would say make sure if you have any concerns you talk to your dr and make them really listen.

mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when i was pregnant with tori, i was in the tub and noone was home. i had to flip over on my hands and knees to get out LMAO!
May 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Androck chairs, you know the ones made out of wooden slats that are lower in the back and at the front - avoid them like the plague!

Do Not Google anything!!!

May 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Nope. I will definitely not be sharing that with DH. He would be all too willingly to help ripen my cervix as fast as possible, LOL

May 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Despite your deepest urges, you can/will not be able to get everything done that you feel like doing on any given day and that's ok

Quote:
Do Not Google anything!!!
especially for you FTMs!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

Tags
3rd trimester , advice , btdt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search