how often do you feel braxton hicks?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
For those of you that get them. How often? Once a week? Once a day? Several times a day? And how many? Any pattern to them, like what your activity level (or babys activity level) is?
I just started getting them, and I dont like it. Its not painful, its just tight and actually feels hard to breathe during them...which makes me think some of that is actually the baby pushing upward? im not really sure. I've honestly never had a problem with BH. I know if theres more than 4 an hour to call the dr...but i was just curious as to how often others get them.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

May 17th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Blueydmom2004
I've been feeling them often this pregnancy. It's actually on my list of things to talk to the dr about at my next appt. I feel several a day.
May 17th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Every time I go pee and every time I stand up from sitting.

May 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM
SoHappy's Avatar Veteran
I get a couple a day - completely random, no patterns. They aren't painful, and I can def. breathe, but they aren't comfortable either.
Jackson - August 25, 2011

May 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Mine are sporadic. Sometimes just a couple a day, sometimes 10 a day. I get more when I haven't been drinking enough or have been doing too much. Today I had 2 during my NST but no pattern and just tightening. This baby is really low too and her head is pushing against my cervix but it's still nice and long so I'm not worried. They are more annoying than anything.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get them almost daily, most often after eating a big dinner. My husband seems to notice before I do. He thinks it's cool.
May 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If I have them, I don't notice them... What do they feel like? ;-;
May 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have them a lot during the day .... never the same time though. Sometimes I have gotten close to calling the doc ,but never did
May 18th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel them several times a day. I'm not sure what triggers them or how often they come because I don't keep track unless I think they're coming too often. I plan to bring this up with my dr tomorrow. They are verrry uncomfortable though and annoying. How much "practice" does the uterus need?? I personally think its had enough, I know I have.
May 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Happy Mommy
all day long.

and here they don't care if you get 20 an hour, so long as they don't form a pattern longer then 2 hours.

so I could get 4+ an hour for 1 hour, then if they slow down the next hour they dont' want to see me. it's the pattern that lasts that is what's important.
May 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondFlame View Post
I find them uncomfortable but not painful. Sometimes they make me feel really full(like I just ate an entire Thanksgiving turkey kind of full) even if I haven't had a thing. You know that Ugh-my pants are waaaay too tight feeling?
My husband is constantly rubbing my belly which is why he notices so quickly. He says my entire abdomen becomes hard like a basketball.
May 18th, 2011, 07:45 AM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Lately, I have been having BH since 25 weeks everyday and I plan to discuss them with my doctor on Thursday, they always go away when I sit down to rest or lay down....
May 18th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondFlame View Post
For me my entire belly and back gets really tight, and if I'm standing my belly feels really heavy. It doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable.

May 18th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get them all the time. I also have an irritable uterus, so like yesterday for instance I had contractions every 2 min for about an hour or so. Dunno if these were braxton, but either way. They do suck.
May 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
All day long like Ro. They aren't painful, just not pleasant.
May 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i used to have them a TON - so bad i went to triage. but.... nothing came of them. my doc is like RO - it isnt so much that you have 6 (mine says 6) in hour, it is more if they form a pattern or get progressively worse.

lately i haven't been getting them quite as badly but i ALWAYS get them after i am doing using the bathroom.

while mine arent exactly painful, they are VERY uncomfy and take my breath away. they also give me heart palpitations.
May 18th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Every time I go pee and every time I stand up from sitting.
Ditto.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
May 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM
jessalynn's Avatar Veteran
Mine aren't horrible. I just started getting them. Mine are usually accompanied by a dull achy sensation, like my insides are sore. I talked to the doctor, and he said that the baby might be right side up, but not the case because we had a sono done. it was just my muscles stretching apparently. I try to relax and take some tylenol for the pain, haha!
May 18th, 2011, 06:20 PM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
I get them SO much. I don't remember getting them like this with my other babies. Pretty much all activity, standing, when I'm stressed, sometimes when sleeping. It's ridiculous! I know it will be very easy to put myself into labor when the time comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search