I'm pregnant....with an alien!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 06:37 AM
DaniB+4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I am not a FTM but I forgot how weird fetal movement begins to feel as we enter the third trimester. No more cute little kicks & bumps - my tummy is in a constant state of freaky motion! Rolling, shifting, pushing, stretching, hiccuping, bouncing, contracting, etc etc. It's so bizarre! I feel like my body has been taken over by another life form. Well...I guess it has ...but you know what I mean.

Anyone else noticing how much their fetal movement experience is changing these days??
May 18th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I forgot how weird it was too

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
May 18th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea ya know how babies do that little shudder when they get the chills or something. Well I swear bentley did that the other day cuz it felt like he was vibrating in there!

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

May 18th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Raising Hand:
FTM here and I am so glad to see this post bc I swore something was not right in there. Baby Boy was climbing up under my ribs one minute and 2 minutes later was pounding on my pelvic bone. I was sitting here the other night wondering if there is more than 1 in there and the ultra sounds missed the other baby or if this baby is an octopus or something. I am preparing myself for this child to come out bouncing off the walls but his behavior inside has me wanting a Priest to be at the delivery so he can be blessed right AWAY...lol

May 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Happy Mommy
yep, this is the part I hate
May 18th, 2011, 07:29 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had forgotten just how much they move too. Sometimes it does feel really weird, but I actually really like feeling all those movements he's doing in there.
May 18th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyRenee View Post
Yea ya know how babies do that little shudder when they get the chills or something. Well I swear bentley did that the other day cuz it felt like he was vibrating in there!
Thank you for posting this. My babe's been doing this and I wasn't sure it was normal.
May 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Allison's been moving ALL over too. Like, top, bottom and sides all in one go. I don't watch my belly move because it's just a little freaky for me (think Alien, right before the thing pops out of his chest)

May 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I feel ya. This stage happened a lot sooner with the twins. All I feel are limbs! legs, feet, knees, backs, butts pushing out. When they both go nutty at the same time my stomach looks like someone jumping on a water bed.
May 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh add me to this

May 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
mlay83's Avatar Loving my boys!
Yep, definitely not those cute little bumps anymore. Now it's a big ol' butt or head bulging out of the side that I have to try to push back in because it's soooo uncomfortable.

Proud Parents:
Michelle and Cody
May 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Kim
It's crazy how weird it feels all of a sudden! Baby almost felt like he was rocking in there last night, plus the shivers and all kinds of strange stuff. It's so weird, but I love it!

May 18th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yes, alien movement is a good way to describe it. It's weird and I guess I only remembered the early movement and not this weird, constant freaky stuff going on now.
May 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
DaniB+4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, the "shuddering" feeling is happening to me, too, and it is very normal. It's almost like Miles startles himself in there, or gets a tickle of some sort. It's so weird. Movements like those actually wake me up now because they're so sudden and pronounced.
May 18th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't gotten there quite yet but it's getting there. I didn't start feeling that way until I was more than 32 weeks w/Allie but I had an anterior placenta & everything was super muffled (and not as painful!). I remember being at a staff meeting when I was expecting her & she wouldn't stop moving. I wanted to scooch under the conference table so that no one would see my alien belly!

May 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG!!! FTM here and yes, Savannah movement is so bizarre and is constant. I was wondering how long she is, because I felt movement very low and then pressure up under my ribs at the same time. She is more active than ever before.

I love the movement! Although last night I was laying down and Savannah did something that was painful.

May 18th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OH GEEZ!!! FTM here and I am so glad you posted this....just over the past couple days I SWEAR she must have doubled her strength!! she isn't just moving she kicking, and jumping and jiving, and dancing all over!!! Her movements are INCREDIBLY stronger!!! I am still a couple weeks behind a lot of you so I can see she is just going to get even stronger.....its weird!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
May 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
jessalynn's Avatar Veteran
Looks like my lo is about to jump out! literally
May 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep add me to this list. I think the days of the little flutters are gone. I'm getting super tired of his leg/foot in my ribs. I can feel when he rolls or does something odd. Sometimes it just plain hurts. I just know it's just going to get stronger.
May 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep. Brynlee is a hot mess in there. SIT DOWN AND RELAX BABY!!!, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search