Having my baby today/tonight!! *UPDATE AGAIN: POST 36*

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting! Good luck hun!
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
May 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WooHoo! So exciting!! KUP Mama!

May 18th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I don't think I'll be holding him by supper time unfortunately, but that's OK. I just did about 1 hour of walking, doc came in to check me, and I changed about 1/2 a cm. The bag is bulging without contractions still so I'm definitely not going home. I'm on a break right now and will start walking again in a little bit and will be checked again in 2 hours. Once I get the the other half centimeter they'll probably break my water, but they can't do it until I get there and won't let me go home because I'm too far progressed. Any tips on how to get things moving besides walking? Do squats work?

May 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Savages_Wifey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Savages_Wifey Send a message via MSN to Savages_Wifey Send a message via Yahoo to Savages_Wifey
See if they have an exercise ball or if someone could bring you one...They REALLY help! Good luck momma! Easy Labor Vibes!

May 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck mama! You could try sitting on a birthing stool, squats, a birthing ball, rocking on the the toilet, more walking... I hope it moves quickly for you!

ELVs!!

May 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
GOOD LUCK!!! Try not to just lay down-- I know that really slows down progress Even just sitting and then standing after 5 minutes and then sitting again can make a big difference!
May 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Good luck and ELV's your way! I ditto the toilet, squatting or birthing ball. Anything to open up your pelvis and let gravity do its thing.

May 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've also heard that doing a sort of slow-dance (junior high style) with your DH or labor support partner helps too... just the gentle rocking and swaying of the hips and letting gravity do its thing. You can even do this to music too Might be good if you are getting tired from walking or squatting.

May 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
Good luck!
May 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Could they do a stretch and sweep? IDK if that's an option since your waters are already bulging, but maybe a gentle stretch would get you to where you need to be to have your water broken.

Squats can definitely help, walking, swaying side to side, bouncing on a birthing ball, etc. Good luck!

May 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybear4 View Post
Could they do a stretch and sweep? IDK if that's an option since your waters are already bulging, but maybe a gentle stretch would get you to where you need to be to have your water broken.

Squats can definitely help, walking, swaying side to side, bouncing on a birthing ball, etc. Good luck!

I don't think they can do that unfortunately because when they check me the bag literally bulges between their fingers so I don't think they can get around it. She said the bag is extremely thin and not thick at all so just the right movement would break it so I doubt she'd even try.

May 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Quisty's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe stairs or something a little steeper than flat? Or getting on your hands and knees and rocking your pelvis?

May 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advice as a FTM but I hope these other suggestions help and things get moving!! Wishing you luck and sending progression vibes!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

May 18th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
So suggestions that haven't already been mentioned. Good luck and lots of ELVs!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
May 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can try some nipple stimulation to get your contractions stronger and closer together!

May 18th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies! Unfortunately there really wasn't any change despite having contractions. I guess they're not strong enough at this point to do much good. However, they won't let me go home because of how far progressed I am. It's so irritating because I feel like I can accomplish more at home by walking or whatever than I can here. Here I can only really walk around a small part of L&D which gets super old fast as you can imagine.

My OB also won't be coming to the hospital again tonight unless things pick up. It's crazy to me that we're basically waiting on 1/2 a cm at this point. Very annoying.

May 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
I am surprised they wont let you go home at this point and come back when labor picks up or your water breaks. I hope things start to happen for your quickly. how frustrating for you. sending labor vibes!

May 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motsy2006 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies! Unfortunately there really wasn't any change despite having contractions. I guess they're not strong enough at this point to do much good. However, they won't let me go home because of how far progressed I am. It's so irritating because I feel like I can accomplish more at home by walking or whatever than I can here. Here I can only really walk around a small part of L&D which gets super old fast as you can imagine.

My OB also won't be coming to the hospital again tonight unless things pick up. It's crazy to me that we're basically waiting on 1/2 a cm at this point. Very annoying.

Maybe ask to be let outside to walk? My midwife sent me out to walk around the hospital last time and then come back in to be checked--that way I was kind of free to roam but close enough that I could easily come back and get checked...
I mean, can they really HOLD you right there in labor and delivery?
I say if the OB gets to go home, so should you haha. I get why they won't let you go home, but I don't see why you couldn't walk around other than their hallway.
May 18th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
how shower!!! Have you tried it yet? Every time i get in a hot shower in labor i jump CMs at a time lol.
I let it hit my lower back.
May 18th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! ELV!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search