Rise in BP.. a little worried

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Hey y'all,

My blood pressure is normally really low, systolic usually <117, but for the past couple of days it's been elevated.

Today it started out at 140/81 at 8am up to 144/88 at 1pm. Anyone had pre-eclampsia before? I know I'm still below 160/110, but a 30pt rise in BP from my normal this morning is kind of alarming.

My Boring Blog
May 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you eaten or done any physical activity recently? If not, I would give the doctor a call just to be safe but if so, maybe wait an hour or so and retake it to see if it lowers.

May 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty sure that a warning sign of pre-eclampsia is to have high bp for you. And they consider high/dramatic changes to be 20 points. And since you went up 30 I ican definatly see the concern. I know that If I have 140 bp then I would be worried. I would call your doc and let them know, or go into to be monitored just in case and have your urine checked.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

May 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was recently diagnosed with pre-e...

when is your next dr appointment? Has there been protein in your urine? Do you have a headache that doesn't go away with tylenol or blurred vision?

If I were in your shoes, I would take a warm bath, lie down for a bit, RELAX...and then try to take my bp again. I have always had low bp, but started to get high readings at 31 weeks... was told if i go over 160 top number or 100 bottom to go to L&D (which happened last week). If it is still high and you are concerned call your dr.

May 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I think I'm gonna call after lunch. My appointment monday, the nurse said my BP was up, but I figured it was just 'cause I was in pain (this kid is grinding its sweet little head into my hip bone, lol). Today though, I woke up just feelin' off so I got my BP taken at work when I came in. I don't know if you count walking from my parking space into the building as "physical activity,"

I'm gonna call my doc after their office opens from lunch I think.

My Boring Blog
May 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
Hmm, my blood pressure jumped a bit too, normally around 120/70 but it went up to 145/98 and I told them about the major headache I had that nothing would make go away, but they didn't seem worried at all...
Hopefully it's nothing, or at least something easily fixed! It would suck if you ended up with pre-e
May 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
Thats about where i run in the third trimester. With your heart working harder then before its not surprising it jumps but if its a big jump for what you normally are, you should call your dr!
May 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
Elevated blood pressure is common at the end of pregnancy. It's not necessarily pre-e unless you're seeing other symptoms. I think it'd be wise to call your doc, anyway, but don't worry (as that can cause hypertension, itself).

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

May 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in your identical situation. My blood pressure at my 7 week appt was 104/64(this is my norm) and always sat around 110/70 for the majority of pregnancy but these past couple weeks it's been steadily increasing. I was measured twice at my last appt. 144/77 on the automatic and then they took it manually and it was 134/68 or something like that.
I told her I was really concerned since that is so high for me but she said it is very normal for blood pressure to rise in the end and that I had no protein in my urine and swelling was very minimal in my feet so it's not a real concern yet.
I'd talk to your Dr. about it and see how they feel though if you are concerned.

May 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd probably get it checked out. A jump of that much would concern me too!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search