Dizzy spells?!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Anyone have past experience with or experiencing now dizzy spells?! I've had 3 in the last week, always when im sitting down, never at a specific time, never before or after I eat (one was after I ate the other two were before). They are so bad I feel like my head is actually rolling around (even tho I know its not) Its a very 'heavy' dizziness if that makes since?! I just wondered if anyone else has experience with this and maybe knows what it could be?! I am afraid if it happens one time while i'm standing I will actually fall down! Any ideas!? Thanks!!
May 18th, 2011, 07:51 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe your blood pressure? I would mention it to your doc

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

May 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Sushi_And_Sci-Fi's Avatar Super Mommy
YES!!! I am struggling with this exact same thing right now! It is very frustrating, as so far all the tests that have been run (blood pressure, blood sugar, pulse, temperature, thyroid, iron levels, urinalysis, and 2 EKGs) have all come back normal!

I would definitely mention it to your doctor and see what they can find out for you.

May 18th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I called & left my nurse a message today but it was after 3 so they will probably call me back tomorrow (fingers crossed) Luckily mine haven't progressed into fainting spells or anything like that but I'm worried they might, or like I said if I happen to be standing when it happens and fall and hit my head or something?! Ugh, maybe I just worry too much! My SIL (the other preggo one) says it may be a gestational diabetes kinda thing where im either low on blood sugar or too high and that is causing the dizziness...? idk but my doctor is a high risk doctor so im hoping she will have some answers for me! They're scary that's for sure! If I find out anything specific I will def forward it on to you so that maybe your doc can check for that as well with you!
May 18th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Sushi_And_Sci-Fi's Avatar Super Mommy
Much appreciated! I hope you get more answers than I have so far. Basically they just keep telling me to get more rest and stay hydrated...

May 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have neurocardiogenic syncope.
I'm no stranger to passing out and sudden dizziness, but I've had this my whole life and it's not just a pregnancy thing for me. I almost passed out today twice. I was on meds to help control it, but I stopped taking them when I got pregnant. So, as you can imagine, the episodes have been raging unchecked.

I read that dizziness is fairly common in pregnant women anyways. Mention it to your dr.

In the mean time drink lots of water. It helps you stay hydrated and keeps your blood volume up. Low blood volume creates dizziness/passing out because the body doesn't have enough blood to push up into the head. What blood you do have tends to stay in the lower half of your body, so wearing compression stockings can help stop the blood from pooling in your legs.
Don't stand in one place for too long without moving. Don't stand up from a sitting or lying position too quickly. Sometimes they recommend salt tablets to help your body retain water, again increasing your blood volume.
Avoid hot weather, hot steamy showers, and stress....these all can make you pass out.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Last edited by OatmealKisses; May 18th, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
May 19th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Veteran
I hope you start feeling better and can figure out what it is. I was actually shopping one day a few weeks ago and got really dizzy/lightheaded. It was so wierd, I wasn't hungry had just ate lunch about a half an hour ago. I asked my doctor and she just said to drink more water and lay on my left side. But seriously I thought I was going to pass out, I had to tell one of the workers at the store just in case I did because I knew they would be calling an ambulance lol I had low bp before I was pregnant, so the only thing I could think of was my bp got really low for some reason. Just take it easy and drink plenty of fluids.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search