Paci's

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Will you give them to your baby?
May 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
**Linda**
Yes, if it helps with bedtime and nighttime, I plan to. But not outside of the crib. That's the plan right now.

May 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, that is if baby will take one.

May 22nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep! S/he will have it when they want it. I did it with the other 3. Then when they move over to a sippy cup, I will break them of it.

Although the last 2 were on it longer. #2 has severe acid reflux and meds were not working. So the Dr. said to let him have a tuggy to keep it down (Uhh..... a 2 1/2 year old with a tuggy!) And it is a little hard to break the youngest when he see his his older brother.

Well, the new meds work wonders!!! Lol So in 2 days I broke 2 minions of tuggies. :-D. Yep, we went cold turkey.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
May 22nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going to try not to use a paci this time, with DS #2 it helped him to fall asleep but he would wake up 10 times a night because it would fall out of his mouth and he wasn't able to find it and put it back in himself.
May 22nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used one with all my boys and if this baby likes it I will use one.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 22nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We'll try it. My daughter really wasn't interested in them too much, so we'll see.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
May 22nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have one but I'm not sure yet what I wanna do. I figure I'll just wait and see what baby wants. I'd rather try not giving my baby a paci unless nothing else seems to work. I'm so afraid of having a hard time breaking my kid off of one. I could care less if they went to sucking there thumb at night for the rest of their lives because my middle sister did it for so long, but I'd rather not have them use a paci for years and years.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Doubtful. It just seemed like a hassle and my kids never cared one way or the other.

May 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we will use it if the baby wants it. We broke dd easily at 2 years old, I have a friend that was really against them and her lil boy is a thumb sucker like you wouldn't believe he is now five and she can't get him to stop, it was a rough few days after making them disappear but she eventually noticed it wasn't worth the fight
May 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I'm undecided right now. My 2.5 year old has one and I hate it....she used to have it only at nap and bed time, but since we moved she has it all the time, and has a fit without it.
If this baby does ok with sleeping and isn't too fussy, I will do without it for sure.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
May 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Veteran
Yup! They were great for Conner and he weaned himself off it and learned to suck his thumb so... if they want one, heck yes.

May 23rd, 2011, 04:58 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will. Especially since sleeping with a paci has beenshown to lower the risk of SIDS. I limited it to naps and bedtime. DS is 13 months and we will be going cold turkey in a couple weeks. Hopefully it will just be a rough couple of days. He won't care during the day - but I am worried about naps and bedtime with no binky.

May 23rd, 2011, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I will. It helps reduce the risk of SIDS so I am all for it. I don't think they need them all the time, but when sleeping. DD had issues with reflux and she had to suck on something all the time for months. At first I thought she was hungry all the time and figured out soon enough when she would projectile vomit that she just needed something to suck to help settle her tummy not more food. LOL- That was an interesting time and I hope to be able to dinstinguish this time!

May 23rd, 2011, 05:35 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't know they are shown to reduce the risk of SIDS!! I was going to say no, unless this baby can't sleep but I think I'll use one if it will reduce the risk of SIDS!! Aidan had a paci but really only liked the kind giving to you by the hospital, but by 3 months old he didn't want it anymore. He would refuse to put it in his mouth and if he did it came right out. So yea I think I have changed my mind and will use one, but I'm hoping only for naps and bedtime

May 23rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
I didn't want to with DS, but he kept crying out in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, the nurses kept pushing it on me, so we caved....we broke him of it at about 16 months.

This time, I will try to go without, unless baby starts using boob as a paci constantly. If we do start it, i would prefer it be only for sleeping.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 23rd, 2011, 06:49 AM
Carey
Only if the baby needs it. DD needed it. She just needed something in her mouth a lot. We will try to break the habit at 6 or 9 months if this baby is using one then. With DD, we stopped at 8 months but had to give her one for a flight at 9 and 11 months. Then it became a toy and a vice for her. By age two, we had about 20 backups and they were in every drawer, in the cars, in the diaper bag, at MIL's house... We could not survive without them. This time I hope to avoid that dependency.

May 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
One of my kids used a soother, and one her thumb. The other 4 didnt use anything. And if I can get away with it, this baby wont have anything either. Not that Im against them, I just find them a huge pain most of the time.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

May 23rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I will if they'll take it. Darcy really only will when she's sleepy or riding in the car otherwise she doesn't care about it.

May 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I will if baby will take it. My oldest had one until he was about 2. My youngest took one until he found his thumb. I prefer a paci, because you can take them away...I sucked my thumb until I was in 2nd grade...I just hope my youngest stops before then!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search