I'm trying not to worry...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
...but if any of you remember the topic that I posted just a couple days ago, I was able to see my stomach move with Baby #2's kicks for the first time. I felt kicks stronger in those 30 minutes than I had yet. But then the next day, nothing. The next day, nothing. Today---nothing. I doubt that I'm far enough along to feel EVERYTHING, but since I felt such strong movement, shouldn't I be feeling SOMEthing now?

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was worried also but someone told me when you first start feeling movement its normal not to feel anything again for a few days. i went all weekend not feeling anything and then had a strong kick before lunch
May 23rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also haven't felt a thing since last week, so I'm hoping it's all normal! I've been told not to expect anything regular until I'm past 20 weeks or so...

May 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would try not to worry. It is still very irregular at this point. They are still so small, that if they move and are kicking inward or in a different direction, it may not hit anything that you would be able to feel.

i am almost 18 weeks and still never feel anything.

May 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
It's still too early to feel anything consistent. This is my 9th, I'm 20+ lbs underweight, and even I don't feel anything consistent and probably won't for a couple weeks yet. I felt some taps on mothers day and for 2 days after, then nothing at all til 2 days ago and I could feel the baby roll/flip.

When I was 20 weeks with my youngest daughter I was in a bad accident that totalled my van, I wasn't injured but was crampy and by the next day still hadn't felt the baby move since the accident and they didn't want to see me saying that 20 weeks even was still too early for it to be uncommon not to feel the baby for a few days or more.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Thank you, ladies!!! I was wondering if seeing my belly move was more just a chance thing than anything (i.e., the baby being in JUST the right spot, kicking JUST the right place), and I guess that's the case. I feel reassured now! Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one. With Caleb, things seemed consistent pretty early on, but he was just really active and I had nothing better to do than obsess over my belly.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search