A little worried...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
I haven't posted here that much, but I am hoping for some advice or maybe reassurance. I started feeling butterflies and some slight baby movements shortly after 12 weeks. I was feeling it every other day or so and was pretty confident it was baby. (I started feeling my DD move at 14 weeks and she was constantly active) Anyway, so I haven't really felt the baby for a little over a week now. I have had a few small thumps that *could* be baby, or it could be gas. I don't know. But those first movements felt so much more definitive. I am trying not to worry as I've had no cramping or spotting, but my first pregnancy I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks, so I can't help but be paranoid.

I was supposed to have an appointment this morning, so I was just holding out until then, and then they called this morning and said my doctor was out sick and they rescheduled me for this Friday. Ughhhhhh. I felt like asking if I could see another doc in the office because I am worried, but I know I would sound crazy since I am only 14 weeks. But, if I hadn't felt those movements at 12 weeks I wouldn't be worried at all!

I don't know, what do you ladies think?

May 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have felt some movement but haven't for a week or so, I still can find the heartbeat so I would say just hang in there and try to relax, baby is just to small for regular full out movement.
May 24th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Carey
Maybe it was the height of your uterus at the time when you were feeling it so much, and with growth, everything moved some so it is harder right now. I was just thinking that I haven't felt nearly as many little bumps and flutters in the past four days either. So sorry you are worried. This pregnancy stuff is full of worry, and that just means we love our babies. I lost my first pregnancy too, and that makes us even more fearful, I think.

May 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I have felt movements .. but not everyday ... thing is baby is still small so it can tuck itself away nicely in your uterus x
May 24th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy, and I have a lot of extra fluff and an anterior placenta, so I haven't felt anything yet, but my midwife assured me that it was totally normal. My midwife says it's totally normal to not feel anything constant until at least 20 weeks or so, maybe later. There are some other ladies around who have had the same situation as you - they felt something early, and then didn't feel anything for awhile. Like Helen says, there's lots of places where baby can hide, so he or she is probably dancing away in there. I lost my first pregnancy, too, so I totally understand the worry. Try not to freak out and stress - not good for that little one! KUP!

May 24th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
This is baby #7 for me and Im a basket case. I have always felt my babies regularly by now. I have felt this one MAYBE three times. And its been probably 2 or 3 days since I have felt anything again. It is VERY stressful. I was so upset by it yesterday I almost went to the ER.
I had a midwife appointment last week and everything was fine. I really wish I would have gotten myself a doppler.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

May 24th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
it's still early to feel them consistently, i know, easier said than done, but try not to worry. worrying isn't good for either of you.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 24th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
there is normally a few days and then i will feel them a lot for about an hour. Maybe since this is your second your baby has a little more room? Im sure your LO is in there moving all around!
May 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
Thanks guys, I am trying to just stay positive and not worry. I am kicking myself though for not getting a doppler! Friday justccannot come fast enough!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search