Baby making me mushy...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 09:05 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay.. I know we're supposed to get all hormone-y and such when pregnant.. I've had my share of the grouchy side, but not much of the crying side... But I think baby is making me mushy.. o.O

It's been many years since I've enjoyed listening to pop music.. I used to listen to pop/Top 40 stuff a lot when I was younger.. then I gradually changed to alternative/rock. Some harder stuff, some lighter.. but all definitely far from pop. I still like a lot of that music too, but suddenly (within the past few weeks) I've actually been listening to mix/hit stations and enjoying the pop stuff.. lol! I'm listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry right now.. and it's got me all nostalgic for that simpler time in my life. Not with regrets or longing, just nostalgic. Anything romance/lovey seems to be getting my interest.. as well as upbeat, uplifting songs about how it's cool to be who you are no matter what.. or even just songs with really fun beats that you could dance to.

I dunno if this is coincidence, but it seems kind of weird to me.

May 24th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could be just because you're entering a new phase in life?

I can't listen to the pop/whatever stuff right now. I had to listen to a bunch of it while working at the candy store and now when I hear some of the songs they played I want to scream. The station is a 80s, 90s, and now station but lately all the play are the recent songs that aren't rap or alternative. So you end up hearing the same song over and over and over and over and over, etc! This station used to be known for the fact that it didn't do that. But every hour it's the same 5 songs all over again.

Nothing's changed with me in that respect, though. I'm still just as silly and romantic as I've always been. Barely have problems with my anger. I've been listening to a lot of my Within Temptation and Evenesence CDs while in the car the past few days. I love the music on my iPod but I can't really sing to it like I can the other two bands or with my Dixie Chicks CD.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 24th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG! when i get home tonight im going to send you the link to a teenage dream remake....its soooooooo amazing. It makes it sound like a song to dance to at your wedding!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search