Overly Emotional

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
**Linda**
I have been so emotional all day!! I've basically cried twice at my desk, and blamed it on allergies.

DH and I are contemplating finding a new home for my cat. I've had him for 8 years, and he is so sweet, and has been like a kid to me. Unfortunately he has taken to peeing and pooping outside of his litter box. We just bought a house last year, that has been completely re-done inside, and I'm going to have to replace the brand new carpet because of him.

I have spent a fortune on carpet cleaner, and this cat pheromone air freshener things to keep him from spraying, but on Sunday night I found two more places where he'd peed. And last weekend when we were out of town overnight he pooped on the bathmat. I also spent a fortune at the vet to see if something is physically wrong with him, but everything came back completely normal.

I clean his litter box every 12 hours like clock work. I have tried all kinds of things to keep him happy, but nothing works. I'm also worried about his mental state when the baby comes, he is probably not going to handle it well. He needs to be in a home with a female shut-in, who is always home, doesn't have a lot of visitors, or kids. And where the environment is quiet. I'm heartbroken over his behavior.

May 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry - I can't imagine having to give up my cat. But you have to do what's best for your family. I hope you find a nice older lady who needs a good friend and who will provide a good home for your kitty. (((hugs)))

May 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im so sorry! my husband insisted we rehome out cats when we found out i was pregnant. We did find them a great home together but i cried for days. I still burst into tears when i see cats sometimes.

I have never given an animal away in my life. it does get better, I promise.
May 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking but when you placed the pheromones where they on the cat or in a room? You can't just plug one of those things in and expect it to work all over. Also with cat urine carpet cleaners are NOT going to get rid of the smell. I bought a steam cleaner to get rid of the smell and after I got rid of it the cat stopped peeing in that spot.

May 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
**Linda**
I have 5 Feliaway plug ins all over the house. I have spent a fortune on Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer Just for Cats. He's just started peeing beside where he went before.

I've replaced his litter box. I give him complete new litter every 2 weeks. I clean it out twice a day, everyday. I put baking soda in the bottom to absorb the smell. I keep baking soda in the laundry room to absorb the smell. I took the top off his box so the smell wouldn't be trapped in. I bought cat wipes to clean the bottom of the box every time I scoop it. He still uses his box, so that's not the problem. The problem is he's still peeing on the carpet despite the immaculately clean box.

DH and I are at our wit's end.
The reality is, I can't have a cat peeing in my house with a baby crawling on the floor.

May 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can totally understand that, but car urine is HARD to get rid of. And until the smell is totally gone to the cat, he/she will keep doing it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search