Exercising & Nursing Mommies

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM
365seasons's Avatar Veteran
How do you mommies do it?? I'm at a total loss where to even start!
My breasts were never small, but after 2 pregnancies and now breastfeeding, they are huge. I'm talking like 40F's. The thought of any cardio, running esp. is terrifying.
How can I possibly get into running and support them, especially when theyre engorged and tender!!

Any tips on how/where to start??
Or any other exercises that can help me begin. I'm 7 weeks postpartum, and other than big boobs and seperated abdominal muscles, I feel ready to go!! LOL
May 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Angela85's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could help, but even when I'm BFing I don't have very big breasts...

I hope someone can be more helpful than me!!

May 25th, 2011, 03:09 PM
LOL thanks,
I hope so too! I dont know what to do!
I wish I had smaller tatas, because boy, do they sure make this tricky!
May 25th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Super Mommy
I wear two sports bras
May 25th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Dink2d's Avatar Veteran
Tight sports bras have been what I have used. They make ones especially for us large chested gals.
May 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Any specific ones, or just big sturdy sports bras, and maybe double up on them!? Haha
May 25th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Angela85's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was on the drill team in high school there were a couple of girls with some big ones, and they would literally just hold them when we'd be running. It was kind of strange...

May 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
Sometimes I wear two sports bras and I also have held them while in my own home doing cardio! Funny. I haven't bought them but I get catalogs from Title Nine and they have bras rated by support that are sized by cups. I kind of just grin and bear it, but I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance. Mine are currently a 34G and I hate them. I also have severely separated stomach muscles, they have never completely improved but got better after my last baby when I did P90X AbRipper but it was gruelling.

May 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i've always doubled up on bras when nursing, and im a small b-cup, but something about nursing makes them extra sensitive when exercising!

Make sure you start very slow with running. The hip joints and ligaments get very soft in pregnancy and it can take a long time for them to go back to normal, its really easy to get hip and groin injuries after a pregnancy if you go too hard at first. So go easy and work your way up slowly! You can always cross train to burn more calories. I actually just read an article (although it was for triathletes) that said after a baby you should swim and bike for 3-4 weeks before you even start running, that way you can start running with a strong core and a higher base level of fitness.

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

May 26th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks ladies.

I've got a pretty high pain tolerance too, but I find I've been SO tender lately, then again, I'm only 7 weeks postpartum, so maybe with time, my breasts will get a little easier to handle.

I definitely will take it easy. I've been researching a lot of stuff, and have been doing a lot of reading on conditioning after abdominal seperation, and because the severity of mine (I've got a REALLY big gap) I'm going to work on strenghtening my core, first and foremost.

The last thing I need to do is hurt myself with a newborn and a toddler running around.

I will definitely try the doubling up thing. I was a little apprehensive to get a tight sportsbra because I heard it can cut off the milk supply, but once I get a little more established, I'll double or even triple up!!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there with big sore boobies. HAHA
May 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
PennyLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela85 View Post
When I was on the drill team in high school there were a couple of girls with some big ones, and they would literally just hold them when we'd be running. It was kind of strange...
Haha! I've done that once in the privacy of my own home on the treadmill and felt silly.....

I have been having the same anxiety as you about the tatas! I think I'll be following the "wear two tight sport bra's advice".

Tags
april 11 get fit club

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search