3rd Midwife Appointment

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had it today. It was awesome. Oh and I also post most of this on FB.

So the midwife was checking the heartbeat and just as I felt what I thought was the biggest gas bubble ever, we heard a thump on the doppler. The midwife said, "Oh! There's a kick." So I felt my baby kick! It was so awesome! XD I can't say it enough. I wanna squeal so loud and long over it!

She was going to take blood for testing for stuff...all I remember is the paper talking about spina bifida. But I hadn't had enough water lately so my veins were hard to find. When the third stick didn't work, she said, "Okay, I'm done. Three is my limit," and laughed. She kept apologizing and I kept saying it was okay, as long as I get to watch as she sticks me every time I'm good. It hurts like hell if I can't see the needle go in.

Then, at the end, because I asked how it was going to go for gender scan since my next appointment is during my 19th week, she filled out a form and faxed it to the imaging place in town. She said they'd call me and I could schedule the ultrasound for some time in the next 2-3 weeks.

Well 10 minutes later I'm sitting in my car at the bank ATM, putting my money in my wallet when I get a call. The imaging receptionist asked if tomorrow was good for me! I had to make sure she understood what it was for and she said yeah. But I think I should have asked if she knew how far along I was, lol.

But I get an ultrasound at 6pm tomorrow!!! Everyone please hope that my baby is being cooperative and in a good position and developed enough for this!

I can't wait. I could very well know what my baby is tomorrow!!

The only thing that made this day less fun was the woman at the restaurant my friend and I went to after I got done. At this place every single person I've been with has never tipped. There's a jar at the counter for tips and that's where we put them if we feel like it. But there's really not much service since it's seat yourself and they usually forget to fill your drink up so you get one small glass of water. If you get a soda, you get a 12oz can.

The total was something like $38.95 so I handed the woman $40 and said keep the change. When we got to the door she felt the need to inform me that they require a tip of at least 10% I had to get out of there quick because I was about to tell her what I thought.

Needless to say I'm so pissed about it that I will NOT be having my baby shower there now. I guess I'll just do it at home, no big deal. Stupid woman. I've been there hundreds of times and never tipped and have never had any of them tell me that.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 24th, 2011, 08:37 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
That's awesome that you felt a kick! And WAY awesome that you get your gender scan tomorrow! You're definitely far enough along to have a great chance of finding out. Can't wait!

And that would have totally pi$$ed me off about that waitress! Ugh! She had no right! Even at a place where tips are usually very common (let's just say Outback Steakhouse), the waiter/ress is supposed to be tactful about it and receive what he gets without question. That was so rude! I always make my tips to what I think the person EARNED. If they barely did anything, I tip smaller, regardless of the price on the bill. Ugh

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah and I've lost 4lbs. Weird. The TP measuring told me I'd gotten smaller by about 4 inches around the biggest part of my belly, but still. At least I lost the fat in the tummy. Course I'd like to lose some in the face.

And yeah, stupid woman. I don't ever tip based on percentage (though to be fair I usually never get stuff that would equal more then $15 for myself). I tip based on service. If I give someone $5 that very near means I wanna marry you, lofl! My normal tip is around $3.

No offense if anyone is Asian but the woman at the restaurant is and I know they're supposed to seem rude, but this was actually rude. I'm just going to spread the word that this place is no longer good. I've been a very loyal customer since my mid-teen years and have never been treated like this. The only sucky thing is that they're the only place in town with the side dishes. Stuff like kimchi, pickled radishes, radishes in vinegar, seaweed, omelet, these delicious cubes of potato in a sweet kind of soy sauce, etc.

There's another place I can eat good bulgogi at but their egg rolls taste like they bought them in bulk at Sam's. I should go try their yakisoba, maybe they have good stuff. I really wish we had a good Japanese place in town run by people who are full Japanese and not a Korean/Japanese mix. The best yakisoba I've had in town comes in a bag from the grocery store that you take home and make yourself, lol.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 24th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the kicking and good luck tomorrow
May 25th, 2011, 06:24 AM
luckymomma's Avatar Veteran
Yay for a good appt! And that's so exciting you get the u/s so soon!! Hope the little one cooperates and gives you a good look at the goods!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Congrats on feeling your baby kick! Cant wait to hear all about your u/s!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

May 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah!!! Congrats on the kick, very exciting. Hope your U/S goes well