OT: Overwhelmed with to do's and broken heart

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Carey
Ladies, I am in the middle of a huge transition this week. This is probably going to be a long post, but I need to get this out so maybe I can calm down.

This is the last week of my first year of teaching at a school where I long term subbed for a semester before being hired. That effectively means I've been working with the faculty and students for a year and a half. They are wonderful people, and I love the students so much that my heart is breaking. Yesterday, I watched my fifth grade dance team girls do their "Fifth Grade Parade" before graduation today, and I was sobbing in the hall before it was over because they all paused the line to hug me. Teaching has been my life, and now the year is over.

Next thing is, I am packing my house for our move to Florida which will happen Saturday night. We will leave straight from a friend's wedding reception and begin the 6 hour drive to our new home. The house is trashed from pulling stuff out to be packed, and I still have a million things to do. With the move, we are leaving the home we have owned for three years. Our DD is leaving the only home she can remember living in.

Each time I think I am making headway for the move, I find another cabinet or something else that needs to be packed. That doesn't include cleaning after it is all packed.

At the same time, I am so excited to begin a year with my husband in a beach town! I am getting to stay home with the baby until Fall 2012 when I will try to go back to work. Also, the alternative to making this move is DH and I living 6 hours apart for a year.

I am overwhelmed with emotion and have so much to do to wrap up the school year, clean out my office, pack the house, pick up paperwork to take with us, pick up the crib I ordered, see friends that we won't see for a year,...

I am near panic now! Three days, can I get it all done? If not, what happens then?

May 25th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have a lot going on in a short amount of time..Do you have friends that can come over and help you pack!! I would go with DH too, I wouldn't want to be away from him for a year, especially with new baby on the way..I mean I was away from DH for a year, but he was deployed and in Iraq, I had no choice!! FL sounds awesome though..Sorry you have to leave your school, that does seem really heartbreaking. You can get through this hun..Vent to us whenever you want!!

May 25th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Carey
Thanks! I do have friends to help. One came over Monday afternoon and helped me pull all the heavy stuff that was left out of my cabinets in the kitchen and to pack things I didn't need to lift to wrap. DH packed as much as possible before he left, so it is mostly essentials that were left anyway, but it is still A LOT!

Another friend is coming Friday afternoon to help me finish packing before DH gets home to start loading the truck late Friday night and Saturday morning. Then someone else is coming Saturday to help me clean as the guys clear out rooms.

May 25th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I'm glad you have some help!

I'm sorry you have to leave so much behind, but you guys will probably have a great adventure in FL!

Good luck with your last few days home and with getting settled quickly into your new home and town.

May 25th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Tinabeana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Tinabeana
Glad you have help. Then again us women think we are super women... So take ANYONE up on the help and breathe in and out to relax. Good luck everything will be smoothly in the end!

May 25th, 2011, 06:52 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have to fly back up to GA to finish cleaning out the house later on you can do that! I have been known to have to go back to places I moved from to clean. You will love Florida! We lived in Fort Lauderdale for 2 years (moved there from GA) and loved it!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 25th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* So much going on, no wonder you're having a hard time. It'll get better once you've moved. Just don't feel like you have to unpack every single thing once you're in FL. Just get there, unpack the essentials and then as you need the rest, unpack it until you're ready and can begin unpacking everything. Don't rush it.

Like unpack a few kitchen and bathroom items and then unpack stuff for your room and your daughter's. That way you'll have a place in the house that feels comfortable.

And take as many opportunities to visit the beach as possible. The air will make you feel loads better!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 26th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Carey
Thanks everyone! Yesterday just kept getting worse until I had a headache that just made it impossible to do anything but go to bed. I got everything but the packing that I had planned for last night done.

I probably was seriously rude to the guy at Toys R Us... First, he just looks at my Pathfinder as he wheels the crib out to the car and says, "You think this is going to fit in there?" I asked him if we could just give it a good try and that I knew it would be tight. He then is very rough with a bed that is pretty expensive and starts banging the box around and shoving it in the back of the car without tilting it just to prove it won't go in there. Finally, I said, "If it won't fit in this, it probably won't fit in a van either, right?" He wrinkled hid nose and said, "Well this is a pretty small, cheap SUV, so probably." I saw red!!!!! I told him to just take the crib back inside and I would pick it up when my husband could be the one talking to him on Saturday because he obviously has no respect for women. He just shrugged his shoulders!!!! Not even an apology. So then as soon as I drove away, I called DH and had a melt down. After I cried in anger and over everything bottled up from the day, I got the worst headache and ended up doing three more things from my to do list, getting DD Taco Bell to eat, and making sure we were both in bed by 9.

One thing I had to do was take a fleece tie blanket and ribbon flip flops to my friend. She is leaving today to go to her hometown for the summer. Telling her bye was hard, and we both cried like crazy.

Today I have a lingering headache but feel more relaxed. My chest isn't tight, so I'm feeling a lot better.

May 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
transitions are anything but easy. everything you are feeling is normal! try to just keep your eye on the prize... don't focus on the HOW but the WHEN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search