Anxiety Attack

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2011, 07:01 AM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
Wow I had axiety attacks 9 years ago within a summer time. I was drinking beer and taking anti depresents at the time so we tied it to that. BUT in he past few years there have been a few times I have felt as if I was about to have one but sat on my bed until I calmed down.
This pregnancy is way different then my last. I am sooooo emotional its insane. Im extremely needy and want my honey with me and I think I am smothering him HAHA Last night he flipped out (I thought I was pregnant?) over something so stupid and I had nothing to do with it! I started crying and got mad and said I hated him then he told me to leave him then. That put me in a whirl wind of emotions and I couldnt breath and started having an axiety attack. He rushed over to me propped my feet up and reclined my chair holding my arms up and I was able to calm down. It scared me considering it came out of nowhere!

Have any of ya'll gotten into an argument so bad you thought you were falling aprt?
May 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
An argument has never caused it, but then again, I steer clear of them.

Anxiety attacks suck! They can be linked to anything that's stressing you out. I had a bad one while at work back in 2008 when I was an assistant groomer at a pet grooming salon. Clipping dogs' nails made me nervous cause I didn't want to hurt them. That day I got saddled with a puppy who had never had a groom before and he was black. It had to be the worst combination of stuff in the world for me. Black dogs have black nails, which mean you have to shave tiny bits off the nail instead of outright clipping since you can't see the quick. Him being a puppy and it being his first time meant he moved a lot and didn't like me touching his feet. I went into full meltdown mode with increased heart rate, crying, and hyperventilating. I had to take anti-anxiety medicine to do that job.

Most likely your recent attack didn't come out of nowhere. You've got all those hormones running through you and then to suddenly have you sweetie mad at you for nothing is upsetting since all you wanna do is make them happy.

Just take it easy and if an argument begins to arise out of nothing or if you feel your emotions getting the better of you, take yourself out of the situation. If the guy wants to follow you to continue arguing, then let him know that if he doesn't stop it will send you into another attack, that you'll talk to him when things have calmed down. It's better that way anyway, arguing while it's fresh is never a good idea, it can make emotions run high and make people say things they don't mean or do things they never intended to do.

*big hugs* It's totally all right.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
Oh I know what you mean about those black dog nails! Luckily being a vet tech for many years I got the hang of it after a few tries.
I have a friend out of state who gets them really bad and posts them on facebook which of course freaks everyone out. To some they sound almost like a suicide note of some sort until you realize what is going on.
Mine was pretty much out of the blue and I agree I think it was the hormones. My face looks like a peperoni slice and I am so emotional. I truly think I am having a girl HAHA
May 26th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Carey
I actually think I had an anxiety attack yesterday, but mine was purely overwhelming stress. Mine built gradually and was scary enough. I can't imagine it hitting that fast. With our move, telling everyone bye at school, saying bye to friends, becoming a SAHM after two and a half years... I woke up to my child having a flare up of her reactive airway and DH waited until I was leaving for work to call me and ask me to overnight part of a uniform to him for Friday. That caused me to be late for work. It was just too much!

Your sounds like what a friend of mine went through when she was pregnant. She had had anxiety attacks several years before, but her pregnancy hormones made it so that she just could not breathe and felt a sense of world ending doom out of nowhere several times during her second trimester. Maybe you won't have any more of them. Try to remember that pregnancy is stressful and that DH can be affected too. He's facing a lot of changes that might make him on edge too. Hence the flip out possibly. I hope you are feeling better and the episode causes him to think before he flips over something small.

Hugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search