My plan...for now

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
My husband I have really talked more about things. He's more open on continuing the pregnancy after reading the literature from the genetic counsler. This is going to be a long road for us, but we love each other and I know we can get through this. He's looking forward to the u/s on June 20th to see her heart and once we see that it's ok, we'll move a little farther along... I'll have another u/s 4 weeks after that one for an echocardiogram on her heart, so they have an even better view/diagnosis. I know we're going to have our ups and downs w/ this, but I really think we were giving all this information to prepare ourselves, not terminate, that is what my heart is telling me.

I'm not sure how to tell my oldest son about this. I don't think it will phase him too much until the baby is actually here, but I do want him to know... just not sure of the right words.

I want to continue on the boards here w/ you guys, because I am still having a baby and I want to be excited! I don't want people to feel sorry for me or my baby though, but support is greatly appreciated

Thanks for all you thoughts and prayers, I think they have helped me accept that I'm going to have a daughter w/ downs syndrome.

May 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm so happy for your decision! I think this is the best decision, for sure.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 25th, 2011, 09:31 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I don't feel sorry for you, I am excited for you. Maybe that sounds odd. You and your husband are getting an opportunity that few parents get. You are getting an extra special child that is going to teach you as much as you are going to teach her. Sure, there are going to be bumps in the road along the way but you will all overcome them and come out on the other side stronger and more full of life than one could ever imagine. You will learn first hand that our differences only make us better. You are going to have a beautiful little girl who heart problems or not, is going to have a bigger heart than any of us here and she is going to share all that love with the world.

I'm glad you are going to stick around, there's no reason why you should leave. Just because the baby has a medical condition doesn't make her arrival any less exciting or less important than any one else here.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 25th, 2011, 09:31 AM
**Linda**
So glad you and DH were able to come to an agreement. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

May 25th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
have you read the birth story that was recomended to you? After her baby was born her sister told her how amazingly lucky she was to be chosen to have such a special child.

I am so happy you were able to talk with DH and figure out a path to take.

yay!! baby time!!!
May 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seven View Post
I don't feel sorry for you, I am excited for you. Maybe that sounds odd. You and your husband are getting an opportunity that few parents get. You are getting an extra special child that is going to teach you as much as you are going to teach her. Sure, there are going to be bumps in the road along the way but you will all overcome them and come out on the other side stronger and more full of life than one could ever imagine. You will learn first hand that our differences only make us better. You are going to have a beautiful little girl who heart problems or not, is going to have a bigger heart than any of us here and she is going to share all that love with the world.

I'm glad you are going to stick around, there's no reason why you should leave. Just because the baby has a medical condition doesn't make her arrival any less exciting or less important than any one else here.

Very well put Jessica! You took what a lot of people are thinking but can't put into the right words!!!

May 25th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! *hugs* I know it'll be difficult but your baby will be just as beautiful and special as others. Good luck on the road ahead of you and I'm so happy that you will be continuing to come here!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 25th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I am so glad this is your decision! And dont ever feel like you dont belong here. Your baby will be as amazing and special as any of the other babies born! {{HUGS}}

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

May 25th, 2011, 09:53 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

You hit the nail on the head, Jessica!!!

I'm SO happy and excited that you get your little girl, Lindsay!!!!!

May 25th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Popping in from October, and just wanted to say congrats on your special girl! There is a blog mommy with a DS baby, and I just love reading her perspective. Here's the link: Enjoying the Small Things

When I was pregnant with my first, I was so scared about DS...I prayed that he wouldn't have it. Well, after having what we thought was a normal baby, it turned out he had something much more complex (that I'd never even heard of before -- Tuberous Sclerosis) than DS. What I wouldn't have given to trade TSC for DS!! He's a blessing though, that's for sure. Even with the difficult road it's been for us and him...I wouldn't trade him for the world! You all will be absolutely over the moon in love with this little girlie!

May 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you are sticking around! And you will find the right words to talk to your son. I teach special education and am always amazed at what I learn from my students. They teach me very valuable life lessons and all I teach them is social studies!

May 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl.. She surely be a blessing in your life.. She may not be exactly what you have imagined in a baby girl, but your life will be richer and truly blessed because of her..

May 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine how difficult this decision must be for you and your DH but I truly think you all made the right one. There will be tough times but I know you will be glad you did! And of course you should stay here! You're already part of the group no matter what!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
May 25th, 2011, 11:43 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
brilliant news

jessic u made me well up your words were beautiful

May 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
A couple in my church had a baby with down's several years ago. The mom once told me that she felt honored that God felt that they were special enough and good enough parents to parent a special child.

<3
May 25th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
Quote:

I couldn't have said it any better! Yes, it will be a long and sometimes difficult road, but your sweet little girl will make it all worthwile!!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
Fantastic decision and I am so happy for both of you and your family! I worked in a special needs class and did special olympics with high school kids and they are amazing! They always made me smile every day and I wish I could have brought them all home HAHA. They truly have a space in my heart and I will always remember them.
Your family is truly blessed!
May 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm soo glad you and your DH were able to come to an agreement!! You guys are soo blessed to have such a special little girl!! Glad you are sticking around and we are always here for you!!

May 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Carey
I'm happy that you and your husband have come to a decision. You will love this baby girl no matter the challenges. Her heart may be very minimally affected, and she may be highly functional. Even if not, education and preparedness is the best way you can help her and be at ease with her arrival and health challenges. You will make her life a quality one, and she will be happy. That is our wish for all our children. In that way, she will be no different than any of our other November babies. Good for you for being so brave and pursuing education and knowledge about your sweet baby's challenges. I admire you!!!! I also look forward to learning from your journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_pbow View Post
A couple in my church had a baby with down's several years ago. The mom once told me that she felt honored that God felt that they were special enough and good enough parents to parent a special child.
This is a perfect way of looking at it. God doesn't give children who will have special needs to people who can't handle it and give them a happy and good life. He has trusted you with his special angel, and that is truly an honor.

May 26th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Quote:

I think Jessica said it absolutely the best! You are gonna have an amazing little girl, and I'm so happy you two came to a decision!!
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search