Baby name poll!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need some help in selecting a name! Most of what I've heard is "I don't like it" so, I'm making this so I don't hear it and just see the results!

Baby name poll creator

Thanks ladies!!!

May 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard the name Khalon. It sounds sooooo cool!! I like all the names you've chosen, but the spelling you want with Rhys, if the kid is a boy, he'll always be correcting people who see his name before hearing it. I know how annoying that is because of my last name.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I voted Quinton and Arianna. I love the girls name, the boys was hard for me to pick since they are all so different.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
May 26th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Carey
Your names are great names! I picked my favorites: Khalon and Kierra. All your names are beautiful, and I don't see why anyone would not like them.

Now, the only thing I have to say about any of your names that is negative (and not really negative, just sharing my feelings personally) is that I would want my name spelled the "traditional" way. My own name is not spelled classically, and it drives me NUTS! "Carey" is the boy way of spelling "Kerri/Carrie/Kari" with an e added before the y. I want to say "Come on Mom! Did you hate me so much, you wanted me to have to spell my name to ever single person who has to write it? Did you want everyone (including aunts and uncles) to misspell it on cards, gifts, letters.... " Even my middle name is an "original spelling" and I misspelled it without knowing until we were filling out the marriage license when I was 20 years old.

Also as a teacher, I hate butchering names the first week of school. If it is spelled the traditional way, most likely I can take a shot and not hurt the student's feelings by not being able to read the name. Children are cruel because they don't realize the impact a comment can make. They often make plays on different spellings or names that can be altered to get a laugh.

Now, this is only from personal experience, and not every child is bothered by it at all. You make the choice that is best for you and your child. I just wanted to bring that perspective in case you haven't thought of it.

May 26th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
voted!

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search