Second Appointment Today and STILL SCARED??!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Veteran
Hello Ladies,

So I have my second doc appointment today and I am still soooo nervous that something could be wrong. I STILL haven't told all of my friends that I am pregnant yet. First I told myself I would go totally public at 12 weeks.... then I said 14 weeks just to be extra safe.... and now I still don't feel like I am out of the "danger zone."

Is anyone else feeling this way too? I feel like I'm going crazy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sure everything will be ok. You just have pre-appointment jitters I have an appt tomorrow and am a little nervous about it. Everybody gets them!! Keep us updated!

May 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM
**Linda**
Good luck!! Good luck!! I'm feeling better about telling people, but DH is still refraining. We hit 14 tomorrow, and I'm going to send some emails to some remaining people.

And you aren't crazy, promise. I definitely think the pregnancy hormones make us a little off our rockers. I'm still afraid they are going to find another baby in utero!! It makes us all a little nutty in some form! KUP.

May 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
yes of course!

I was super nervous and then we had our gender scan last sunday and there he was, with a healthy heart and I got to hear his hb again yesterday, that is always a relief.

maybe you can rent a doppler so you can check on your babe when you feel scared?
May 26th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im afraid something is going to happen every day. I think im going to be until i have these babies in my arms
May 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't announce my pregnancy officially until last week. I'm always scared! Those first few moments when the doctor has the doppler out looking for the heartbeat scare the crap out of me until I hear that wooshing sound!

Good luck hun!!!

May 26th, 2011, 10:41 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Doppler at home and check the baby every am and pm. Makes me feel so much better. I am sure your appointment is going to be awesome!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 26th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Veteran
I worry before every appointment. I haven't been feeling pregnant the entire time. No m/s, no cravings, etc. So every time I go in, I have this sinking feeling when I'm waiting. There have been no problems so I don't know why I worry, but I do. We have told everyone, never kept it a secret. I've never had a loss, so I think I'm overreacting, but I can't help it

May 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
11gatorgal11's Avatar Super Mommy
i know exactly how you feel. I have had three appointments and every time I hope I hear a heartbeat or something.... everything goes perfect but I still worry! I think it's natural as long as you aren't obsessing about it.
Good luck!
May 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I freak out before every appointment - I had an early loss last time, so I'm totally paranoid. Don't worry - it's totally normal, and I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! I do think having a doppler makes me feel a little more secure. I didn't "officially" announce my pregnancy (putting it on Facebook makes it official in my eyes ) until after we found out the gender, so I had four ultrasounds and three appointments behind me. Just breathe and try to stay calm - stressing out isn't good for your sweet baby!

May 26th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Carey
I agree with what several said. I worry like crazy too. Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to peak in at your baby every time you wonder how he or she is?

May 26th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran
So I had the appointment.. everything was fine.. heard the heartheat. And THEN I get home and there was a small amount of spotting in my underwear. What the heck? Just when I start to relax a bit and something happens to make me uneasy again! I was totally going to announce it tonight on Facebook and now I feel like I can't.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did the doctor do an internal exam? Were you walking a lot? TMI!!!! Did you just finish going to the bathroom? (not pee) It could have caused some straining... DO NOT worry about this!!!! Put your feet up and try to relax... If it's not a lot, it could be caused by panties rubbing too tight as well...

HUN!!!!

May 27th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Veteran
That's the thing is that I wasn't doing any of those things. It wasn't a lot by any means... just a few spots. I guess I just thought spotting mostly happened in the first trimester AND it didn't EVEN happen in the first trimester except for one time very early on. SO it just seemed worrisome that all of a sudden it happened.

I will keep an eye on it. Can stress alone do it? I was very nervous about the appointment yesterday and admittedly stressed myself way out. I didn't think stress alone affected things like that though.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 27th, 2011, 09:32 AM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope you are doing well - take it easy for a bit!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search