Maybe TMI - Underwear

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Veteran
Have any of you purchased or worn maternity underwear? Are they worth it? I've always worn thongs during the day and slept in regular briefs. Lately my thongs are really bothering me. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to start wearing briefs all the time, however, I'm wondering about maternity underwear. What do you think??

May 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This won't help but I've been wondering about it as well. Though I don't like wearing briefs at all anymore. I used to wear thongs but with the weight gain they don't feel as good but I've discovered some hipsters that are made by the same company as my thongs and they are more comfy, but they only go up to XXL and right now I'm wearing XL.

I'd rather go comando than wear briefs lol.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
hadn't thought about it. Not sure I would go with worn undies - but that's just me - sort of have a fear of germs and stuff (even if it is unrealistic).

May 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a 3 pack from Old Navy in the clearance section because I wasn't sure either. They are just like regular briefs to me. I do go commando, I used to wear thongs all the time but they annoy me now, it's like all the extra pooch makes me look like I'm wearing thongs too small

May 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought 2 three packs of maternity undies bikini style from motherhood last weekend. They will probably be the only maternity undies i buy, only bought them since it was a sale 2 packs for $22. not a great sale. I will probably just by regular undies but in a bigger size.

May 26th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Carey
I just bought one size bigger cotton briefs for now. I am hoping they will work the whole time, but I may end up getting maternity underwear for the last eight weeks. I didn't have to with DD, but I only gained 24.5 lbs with her, and it was straight out in front of me and really high.

May 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
I've never purchased maternity gutchies, in fact this pregnancy is the 1st time I've had issues because I only wear girly boxer briefs now. (soooooo comfy, they double as shorts to sleep in & no panty lines!) I have 2 sizes & the smaller size ones the band along the top actually flips over because of my belly, it's annoying, but not annoying enough to buy new gutchies!

How you girls wear thongs is beyond me lol. Even when I was young & super skinny I hated them with a passion! I like my full coverage "granny" gutchies lol!

May 27th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
I bought 2 3-packs from motherhood with my last pregnancy, just because they were on clearance for $5 a pack. i don't think i'll be buying maternity panties this time around unless they go on clearance like that again. I wore mostly my regular undies last time, i like the bikini style, they're kinda low rise so they sit under my belly.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 27th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never wore maternity underwear with Aidan, I just bought a bigger size in underwear..never thought about buying maternity undies!

May 27th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have bought 4 packs of hanes low rise bikini style. They are not the cheep cotton ones in the 8 pack or whatever...i bought the three pack, extra comfort kind. Im normally a victoria's secret girl but i cant justify buying new underwear right now. Besides, i wont mind if i end up bleeding on these after birth.

$8 a pack at target.
May 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
ive never used them. I always just switch to bikini undies while pg. I normally wear thongs, but not when I am pg!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

May 27th, 2011, 08:31 AM
**Linda**
Great question!! I realized this week I am starting to grow out of my thongs. Before I used to go commando if I had a problem, but now with so much discharge, it grosses me out. I'm going to have to do something quick. I might by some XL thongs from VS to get me through till 28 weeks or so, and then see. I haven't worn briefs in years, its all changing!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search