ladies on blood thinners/ injection

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 01:09 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
at the min im injecting in my belly still but i no when i start getting bigger and the skin is pulling tight i will not be able to inject there anymore, i was wondering where else would u inject and is it more painful?

May 27th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
Tracy, I know you can go all the way out to your sides. With my youngest, I stil stayed around my navel. I have enough subcutaneous tissue to still do it. It made it easier to lie down.

But you can ask your doctor if you're able to do it in your thighs

<--- again!
May 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Not trying to sound mean, but you guys must be skinny. That is one of the few things about being fluffier, I never have to pinch, and I always had a spot to inject.

In the video they made me watch last pregnancy (even though I had been on them the 2 pregnancies before) it said to stay under the top of your belly button but you could go all the way on your sides. Basically if you could see to stick it, you could do it. Also you can go low on your abdomen as well. There was another injection site given, but I cannot remember if it was your bottom or your upper leg...

I would ask your nurse at your next appt.... or even call them up to ask. I do know that there is an 2nd site you can inject at that is not the belly... But they prefer the belly.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
May 27th, 2011, 09:54 AM
thanks ladies as long as i can pinch the skin i will carry on injecting in the belly and go round to the sides, and im far from skinny lol

May 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I am pretty skinny, but my belly is soft from being pregnant so many times. I usually find them easier to do inside my stretch marks. I can't do them on my lower abdomen, as there isn't much flab there.

Front shot where I usually inject until the bruising gets bad.

Side shot showing how far I've gone out

I never pinch either. I think it makes the knots and bruising much worse. The other place I was told was my outer thighs. But I've never done that. I don't trust myself enough to miss the muscle, since my legs are very muscular.

<--- again!
May 27th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow. You bruise! DO you stick the needle in straight (not at an angle) and slowly push the Heparin or Lovenox in? I learned I bruised less if I did those. Most of the time I did not bruise at all.

I have the B belly. So I have a lot of places to stick on the lower part. *sighs* one day I will be rid of it..... But by then, I am sure I will be done having minions.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
May 27th, 2011, 01:27 PM
yeah my belly bruises really bad also, and i always stick them in where i have a stretch mark as it dosent hurt as bad then

May 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also end up with small bruises when I inject, and I am really anal about the way I inject. I hope that as my belly grows I can keep injecting on the front of my tummy because as I move out to the sides, I find I am more and more likely to hit a blood vessel (or something?) and get a painful bruise.
May 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to minions View Post
Wow. You bruise! DO you stick the needle in straight (not at an angle) and slowly push the Heparin or Lovenox in? I learned I bruised less if I did those. Most of the time I did not bruise at all.

I have the B belly. So I have a lot of places to stick on the lower part. *sighs* one day I will be rid of it..... But by then, I am sure I will be done having minions.
Those pics were from my youngest and I was taking heparin... I bruised a lot more.

I take lovenox now and I've always pushed straight in. I'm not nearly as bruised so far, but I think taking the .4mL 2x a day makes a big difference over the 1mL 3x a day with the heparin

I have found that I get a lot more random bruises on the rest of my body with the lovenox though.

<--- again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search