Sorry, I have been MIA

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I have been MIA from here for a while and it was due to me being so sick and having to catch up on my school work that I had gotten so far behind on while being sick as well as dealing with the father of my child that does not want anything to do with me or the baby even though we were on and off for 7 years. He said that he never wanted to have a child with me, but how do you have something with someone for 7 years and not want the extras to go along with the relationship??? So I have been struggling with severe nausea, depression and lonliness and trying to figure out how Im gonna do this by myself. I am 27 and in college, but I never thought I would have my first child by someone that was not supportive in no shape, form or fashion. But I am back and will try to post and participate more.

I go for my second trimester appt on the 31st, but I wont have an ultrasound until June 28th when I find out the sex. I am so anxious to know what Im having but it will be worth the wait. Congrats to all the knowers!

May 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
luckymomma's Avatar Veteran
Glad you are still here! Sorry you are going through so much, hope things get better for you soon! This is a great place to vent and talk to so many understanding and sympathetic ladies!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Im sorry the father wants nothing to do with you or his child. It will be his loss. {{HUGS}}

Glad you are back with us!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

May 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back! I am sorry that you are going through such a hard time. Stay strong and focus on yourself and the baby. Good luck with school

May 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone. I know my focus is me and the baby and it's just hard to not having the support from him. I am glad to know that I have a good support system outside him even you all. I will have to upload my ultrasounds when I figure it out.

May 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you're feeling better/good enough to be back! Sorry about all the mess with the FOB. But you're not the only one in the Nov DDC! You've got me right there with you! It might be hard but believe me, it's so much better not dealing with a guy who is going to be a butt over everything if he's in the picture.

It is hard going through this without the support of the man you love (well in my case I didn't love him or really even like him) but you just learn to fill yourself with all the support you do get.

JM has a single mommies board. It's not VERY active but you'll get lots of support there from women who have been in the same situation and are doing just fine

*big hugs* If you want someone from the Nov DDC to talk to about not having the man around I am always free! If you text, I'll even be happy to text with you. If you have Facebook I highly suggest getting on there and joining the Nov DDC private group, we tend to get into more stuff than just pregnancy on there so it's really fun!

So glad you're back!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks Alaska-Su! I really need a friend because my family really doesn't understand what I go thru.

May 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely happy to help. And you'll have to tell me how school goes once you have the baby.

I was in the process of applying for college finally when I found out I was pregnant. I didn't think I'd be able to do much of anything what with the baby being born halfway through the first semester, especially since I was going to Japanese studies and the language part isn't a semester thing, it's a school-year long class each year.

I could take the the language classes in fall 2012 but I would be unable to pursue Japanese studies because in Junior year it requires me to live in Japan for a year and with a baby I don't see that working. But I remembered my aunt had her baby during the Christmas holiday back in 2001 and was in college. Though she had my grandma to take care of my cousin while she was at school. I won't have something like that unless I can find a daycare I trust. I've been thinking about seeing if I could apply to just do some general studies right now and if I become a full-time student I could get the family housing on campus like my aunt had. They're sort of like townhouse style places with two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and a living room and kitchen downstairs and closed off patio out back. And there are little parks for the kids to play.

I want to be a teacher. I was going to go for being a Japanese teacher here in Alaska or go to Japan and be an English teacher, or I could find work in the tourism industry here since we get a loooot of Japanese tourists (the hot springs in town here has signs in both English and Japanese and they usually hire servers at the restaurant there who speak fluent Japanese). But I'll settle for being an English or elementary teacher. I just like to teach I especially love teaching kids because they're so curious and poor things get underestimated a lot of the time.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
My major is Business Administration and I will become a sophomore in October so I am heading in the right direction but Im looking to transfer in January to another school so Im looking at some now. Luckily enough I have family that are willing to watch the baby while Im in class because it's gonna be big change this being my first baby and all. Im making it thru, but it's gonna be a challenge once the baby gets here trying to do the work, but I know that without school I won't be able to get the career I won't or the pay that I want. But I will keep you updated on how that goes when the baby gets here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search