Taking a break

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I'm going to take a little break from here... I'm having a really hard time right now w/ the whole Downs Syndrome thing. Having a hard time being happy right now. DH and I are fighting about it. I just don't know what to do right now. I haven't been this down in a long time. If I didn't have kids and a job I would just stay in bed and cry right now... I will check in and see how you all are doing and hope I can be happy again and join back in.

May 27th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Veteran
We will be thinking of you
May 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure this is all so hard for you and your family. I am so sorry We are here for you no matter what. ((hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 27th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* I, too, hope you feel better about it all. It's definitely a good thing to take some time to think about it all. Will be thinking of you!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
HUGS!! Take all the time you need, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 27th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Carey
Thoughts and prayers. We will miss you, but you have to do what is best for you. Hugs.

May 27th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
i am so so so sorry you have to deal with this... no one should have too.. may i just say that when my sister in law was pregnant with my niece, her NT scan was off a bit and they did an amnio and doctors told my sister in law that the child definitely has d.s, she decided not to terminate and my niece was born no where near having d.s, a completely normal, healthy, baby. i am not saying that your test is wrong, but isnt there a slight possibility that it can be? is there any way to retest for a more definitive answer? just so that with whatever you decide, you can be at peace with the decision.. we're all here for you!

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

May 28th, 2011, 04:47 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzbitz View Post
i am so so so sorry you have to deal with this... no one should have too.. may i just say that when my sister in law was pregnant with my niece, her NT scan was off a bit and they did an amnio and doctors told my sister in law that the child definitely has d.s, she decided not to terminate and my niece was born no where near having d.s, a completely normal, healthy, baby. i am not saying that your test is wrong, but isnt there a slight possibility that it can be? is there any way to retest for a more definitive answer? just so that with whatever you decide, you can be at peace with the decision.. we're all here for you!
I don't know how it could be wrong...they showed me the chromosomes that they grew in the lab... defianltly 3 where there should be 2... My NT scan was perfect... it was my blood work that came back w/ higher proteins and then of course the CVS said for sure...
Part of me wishes I would've never had any of these test done and I would just be surprised at the end... I can't make this decision... I wasn't made to make a decision like this...this is my child and I have to love her and I want to and I know I will, but it's just one of those things you don't think will happen to you.

May 28th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I can't imagine what you're going through, and I'm sorry you are. I understand wanting to take a break. We are all here for you when you're ready to come back, with open arms

Hugs.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
May 28th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thoughts and prayers are with you - I hope you can find peace with whatever decision you make.

May 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
my thoughts & prayers are with you dear - I know it seems so hard right now but always remember everything happens for a reason. You were chosen for this journey & it might not make sense right now, but eventually it will.

May 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine how hard this decision must be for you and your family! I'm sorry you have to go through this! I understand the break you need, take all the time you need. You will be in my thoughts, and we will be here for you when you are ready to come back!! *hugs*

May 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of and praying for you..

May 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun!

Take all the time you need ~ we're here whenever you decide to come back and join us. I'll be thinking of you!!!

May 28th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Thinking of you!

May 30th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*hug* check to see if there is a support group in the area for parents that have children with DS. Im sure they will let you set in on a meeting. They will be the ones that tell you how wonderful and how hard things can be.

*hug*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search