Kinda nervous...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM
LindsAyla's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really hoping someone can ease my mind!

I had a 17wk u/s today, and baby seems to be wearing his umbilical cord like a scarf. Not fully wrapped around his neck...just around the back of it. Here's a pic to give you a better idea...

Lindsey McDonald Westbrook's Photos | Facebook

The u/s tech said she wouldn't worry too much about it right now because it's not fully wrapped around his neck, and at 17wks he has enough room to turn and move it out of the way. But, of course I'm thinking, "what if he turns the wrong way and wraps it around his neck more?" ...this is all I keep thinking

If anyone has had this issue with previous ultrasounds, please share!
May 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Carey
It is definitely thrown over his shoulder. Is it coming around the other shoulder? I didn't see that, and if not, I would think it just happened to be positioned that way right at that time. Try to relax. Maybe just be adamant that they check on this periodically.

Also, he has a sweet little nose and looks so cute! : )

May 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
It's actually more common for babies to have the cord around their neck at times than it is to not. Once you get into your 3rd trimester, it's recommended to do regular kick counts at least once each day as this can help deter a cord accident (which is very rare).

At least 4 of my babies were even born with cords around their necks and there were no problems whatsoever.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks ladies!

Yes, it is around the other shoulder too...let me see if I can find a better pic...

Lindsey McDonald Westbrook's Photos | Facebook
May 27th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Carey
Yep! Very clear that it is hanging on him like a scarf. He's got a lot of flipping and flopping to do in the next several months, so maybe he'll get tired of his accessory and shake it off, LOL.

May 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Ree!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first son had his cord the exact same way at 19 weeks. I asked the tech if that was ok, and she said she saw it a lot and not to worry at that point. She said they can slip in and out of it at that point because they have the room to turn so freely.

Sure enough, when she snapped a few more 3D pics - you could see him stretch and almost pull his arm out of it right in front of us. (He is the blondie in my siggy and came out just perfect! )

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by Ree!; May 27th, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
May 28th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no advice because I don't think my baby ever had that but than again I never had a 3D ultrasound, but I just wanted to say he looks sooo precious in his pictures...LOVE IT!!

May 28th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
OMIGOSH I'm with Aidans Mommy! What a cute little bug

I have no input on the cord.

<--- again!
May 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thank you all...I do feel a little better now...I guess this happens more often than I thought, and I happen to have an ultrasound right as the cord was where I didn't want to see it. Little stinker is worrying me already, and he's not even here yet!

It was nice to see him in 3d though...he looks soooo much like my DD!!
May 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sweet to see them like this so early!!! The cord thing ~ my sister's baby would play with her's and do it on purpose She's still inside but she's doing perfectly and got over her playtime with the cord.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search