Feeling discouraged!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I joined Gold's Gym. I have the VIP membership that comes with free childcare. I love it. I am starting to feel discouraged though because I have been at it for two weeks now and I am not getting any results! I am not losing any weight!!!! I am busting my butt too! I go 3 times a week! Waaaaah!

May 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Veteran
Remember muscle weighs more than fat, so even though you haven't lost weight, you are doing good because you are probably gaining muscle and losing fat! Keep it up!
May 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
Are you eating enough? You could be eating too little or too much. Do you have a diet plan? I recommend weight watchers (you can do it online) if you don't. It's really easy to follow and works.

Also, a pound is a pound. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. If you are looking to lose fat you will have to do some serious cardio. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I bought one and its one of my fave purchases. It really does help with how many calories I've burned and if I am at my target heart rate.
If you want to build muscle you will have to do some strength training. Don't do too much at a time. I recommend strength training 3 times a week and cardio 5 times a week, but start out slow. You can also try interval training when you do cardio. That really melts the fat off, at least it did for me before I was pregnant.

Let us know how it goes! You should be seeing results. If any of these recommendations don't help let me know. Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise imo.

Sorry for the novel! I've always been into nutrition and exercise.
May 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
miamor
i was going to suggest a heart rate monitor too. you really need to be in the correct range to burn fat and increase your fitness level. my heart rate monitor is my best friend when it comes to working out. i was able to lose 50lbs because i actually knew how hard i needed to be working to see results.
May 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chai27 View Post
Are you eating enough? You could be eating too little or too much. Do you have a diet plan? I recommend weight watchers (you can do it online) if you don't. It's really easy to follow and works.

Also, a pound is a pound. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. If you are looking to lose fat you will have to do some serious cardio. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I bought one and its one of my fave purchases. It really does help with how many calories I've burned and if I am at my target heart rate.
If you want to build muscle you will have to do some strength training. Don't do too much at a time. I recommend strength training 3 times a week and cardio 5 times a week, but start out slow. You can also try interval training when you do cardio. That really melts the fat off, at least it did for me before I was pregnant.

Let us know how it goes! You should be seeing results. If any of these recommendations don't help let me know. Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise imo.

Sorry for the novel! I've always been into nutrition and exercise.
I am trying to eat healthy for my sons sake (I am breastfeeding) but I DO NOT diet anymore. I had anorexia as a teen. Once I start counting calories I start getting depressed. I don't want to fall back into that!

May 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
I am trying to eat healthy for my sons sake (I am breastfeeding) but I DO NOT diet anymore. I had anorexia as a teen. Once I start counting calories I start getting depressed. I don't want to fall back into that!
Gotcha. I hate counting calories too. WW has a point system that is easier, but kind of the same thing because you are still counting. You can try to eat "clean", but you may already be doing that. Just knock out all the processed foods and only eat whole foods. Uh that is so hard with a baby though. I used to prepare all sorts of clean foods and now all I have time to do is nuke stuff

Take a look at your daily food intake now though because like I said you could be not eating enough as well. If you are burning more calories at the gym and not eating enough your body is going to hang on to that fat. Just play around with the things you usually eat and take away or add some and see what happens. Good luck!
June 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Super Mommy
I think the reason people say muscle ways more than fat is because one pound of muscle takes up less space. So i you have a lower percentage of body fat you could weigh 130 and be a small size or if you have a high percentage of body fat you could weigh 130 and be a size or two bigger, kwim? So even though a pound is a pound a muscular pound looks smaller than a fatty pound.

I get discouraged with the exercise too because it seems to take a long time to see change. Diet seems to get faster results, but diet is really hard to change with breastfeeding. Just keep up with the exercise because in my experience the progress I make while exercising is more permanent that the progress gotten from starving or crash dieting. You will get there eventually!

June 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by juska2 View Post
I think the reason people say muscle ways more than fat is because one pound of muscle takes up less space. So i you have a lower percentage of body fat you could weigh 130 and be a small size or if you have a high percentage of body fat you could weigh 130 and be a size or two bigger, kwim? So even though a pound is a pound a muscular pound looks smaller than a fatty pound.
I agree. I think it's confusing to people though when someone says muscle weighs more than fat and they aren't seeing results. It can get frustrating. If you are working out and eating right you should be seeing results unless you have some serious illness or something.

Tags
april 11 get fit club

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search