Major dizzy spell...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just about passed out in the shower. I'm just lucky DH and I happened to be taking a shower together, as is our weekend tradition. It's our favorite way to relax together after a long week. I lost my sight and my hearing got all muffled like it does when your ears don't wanna pop or if you have water in your ears. I had to lean against the shower door to keep from just falling over. As soon as I got out and sat down I was ok, but I had to get back in cuz I still had conditioner in my hair. I just turned the water way cool and that helped and DH got me drinking water and sat with me until I was done. I think I was over heated. I had the shower water to what for me is a normal temp, but I guess that's too hot now. I'll have to remember to keep it cool next time. It scared me. I went from feeling pretty normal to almost passing out in the span of about 10 seconds.

Right now, I'm sitting with my feet up on my favorite recliner. I still feel a little funny, but otherwise, I'm ok. That just really scared me. I never felt like that before. Anyone else have that happen?

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

May 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
I get the way any time I stand up or am standing for a long period of time. I get sweaty, my heart starts pounding, and my ears and eyes start to get all weird and I have to lean over and hold onto something until it passes. In my case it's usually low blood pressure.

My last pregnancy it caught me off guard a few times and I actually did pass out, one of the times I literally fell out my front door onto the concrete.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eep scary! Glad to hear your DH was right there with you! I've been having dizzy spells off and on for over a week now, and sometimes light headed too. I haven't nearly fainted yet, but I've heard it's possible! I also can't stay standing for too long at one time or I start feeling it strongly.

My blood pressure was low on Thursday when I went to my dr appointment, so I guess that's why. I've been told it's perfectly normal while pregnant but that doesn't make it feel any better! I'll have to watch out for shower heat just in case that gets me too..

May 28th, 2011, 11:03 AM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
good thing hubby was there with you!

I have started leaving the bathroom door open when I shower because my hot flashes are so bad (even when in a freezing room with a/c) that a warm shower sometimes does that to me too.

I love a hot shower, but it'll just have to wait - glad you're ok!

May 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any dizzy spells so far, I hope I don't, that sounds really scary. I know how it must feel though. Went to the hot springs here was in the side where the water is hotter and ended getting overheated to where I just felt weak and lightheaded and couldn't stand well. I was with someone so they helped me to the middle where in the summer months they have a thing spraying cold water into the air. Normally I hate that thing.

Glad your husband was with you and I love that taking a shower together is your weekend wind-down. So nice! I miss those!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

May 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man... I'm glad DH was in there with you!!!!

I've had those dizzy spells too, get very lightheaded. Doc says my BP is normal as well. I hope I don't pass out because of anything ~ although TMI here ~ SO and I were DTD this week and I think I might have passed out for a few seconds. I started crying, couldn't see him, couldn't breathe properly... Scary!!!

May 28th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies.. Right now I feel totally normal. Not even sick or anything. Eek hope I didn't jinx myself. lol I am seriously lucky DH was in there with me. I wasn't able to think clearly so much that I didn't even know what I needed. I couldn't think. I was incoherent too. I remember I kept saying "I'm gonna pass out" and sounding increasingly more panicked as the episode got worse. I'm not showering home alone anymore for a while.. lol

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

May 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I am glad you are ok!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds scary! I have fainted before - but not when pregnant. It is usually low blood sugar for me. Itend to snack more when pregnant adn I think that really helps my sugar don't stay up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search