Your wedding ring(s)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2011, 06:40 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are your wedding rings getting snug? Are you going to get another one to wear during this pregnancy?

My rings are getting snug and I don't know how much longer I will be able to wear them. I am thinking of getting a simple band (nothing crazy) just to wear during the rest of this pregnancy.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
Mine is not too bad. I made the mistake of taking mine off and once my first was born I had them sized up by 1/2. I lost a ton of weight then they fell off all the time so I had to down size them again HA
Lets just say I cant do it anymore or I wont have a ring
May 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Veteran
Mine are still loose on me...at what point do they start getting tight?

I have some plain rings that I usually wear on my other hand, I guess if mine get too tight I can use one of those if my finger "feels naked"
May 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine are still ok, but I know they'll be tight eventually. Last time I just bought a chain and wore them around my neck. I'll likely do that again.
May 28th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Veteran
Mine are ok and I have always worn them through my entire pregnancies. I think it has more to do with weight gain and swelling. Everyone is different.
May 28th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
I'm still under the weight I was when I got mine sized. And the weight I HAVE gained isn't in my hands. I can't wear my band anyway since it's just cheap plating or something. But I still wore my engagement ring. I had to take it off when i was about 6-8 weeks because my skin is so sensitive during pregnancy, the rhodium didn't make nice with my finger. I had huge welts/hives that wouldn't heal until 3 weeks after I took it off

<--- again!
May 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine are ok but not for long because our "heat wave" has just begun. I kind of love waking up in the morning on that first morning when it is warmer outside than it was when you went to bed! But now I shall complain the rest of the summer!

As for my rings...my fingers look a little swollen currently but I am hoping they go down. If not I will wear them on a necklace like I did last time and wear my other ring on my finger because it feels naked without one on it!!

May 29th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
My first baby was born in July and by the time the Spring warm up hit, I couldn't wear the rings anymore . DH bought me a stand-in to wear during the pregnancy, but, before baby girl was even born, someone who was doing work on our house stole it. It wasn't "real" anything, so we weren't out a ton of money or anything like that, but it really upset me. That was the only pregnancy related gift DH ever got me and I am still sad thinking about how I'll never have it.

With DD2, I just took the rings off for the summer and things cooled down by the end of September and I was able to wear them again.

So far, my rings still fit, but it seems pretty standard for me to have trouble with swelling in the summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to put them away for 2-3 months this time too. We'll see. I don't wear them every day though, anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

May 29th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
Mine is fine for now. I had to take mine off around 7 months last time. I just wore it on a chain as a necklace after it wouldn't fit my hand anymore, i'll prob do the same this time if needed.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 29th, 2011, 08:14 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Mine have never gotten snug during pregnancy ,but I lost mine last week I don't know how or where but I am sick over it. I've had those rings on my finger every single day for nearly 9 years. It wasn't an expensive ring, but still. Dh feels really bad and we've been shopping around for a new ring. Hopefully within the next couple of months I'll have one. I'm considering going and buying a cheap band for now. I realized the other day as I was in line in the store that I was really embarassed to be standing there, obviously pregnant, with no ring on my finger. Not sure why it bothered my so much, I wasn't married when I had my first 3 kids and it didnt bother me then.

Ok I got way off topic, sorry lol.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

May 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine still fit fine..When I was pregnant with DS I just took them off and wore them on a chain around my neck!! I'll probably do that again this time if that happens!

May 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any problems yet but my hand do sweel some normally during the summer. I'm with Jessica though, I hate the thought of looking obviously pregnant with no wedding ring. Especially since I'm young and look even younger!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
May 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
That is such a great idea about putting them on a chain. Thanks so much!! 1 month after we got married I quit smoking and gained 20lbs just before I got pregnant. I have only gained 3 additional pounds so far but I can really feel it. My rings are cutting into the circulation of my finger. So maybe I can get some cheap fake ring somewhere.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

May 30th, 2011, 12:12 AM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
I am wearing a ring my DH gave me for valentines day a few months after we got married so It means alot to me and doesnt make my finger feel nakey. I think if you have to get a fake ring have your DH go out and get it for you and give it to you after he takes you out to dinner or on a special night. It will make the ring have more meaning if that makes sense.
May 30th, 2011, 06:36 AM
That is an awesome idea - I love it!!!

May 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Mine are still lose enought o fit on my middle finger. I had to have it sized up 2 sizes after DD was born. I think I may be able to wear them the whole time this time but if not I have my "fake" wedding band that I wore when I was pg with DD that I can wear again.

May 30th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i took mine off. My ring is engraved all the way around so it cannot be sized and would never be the same if it had to be cut off. I live in TX and we are already having 100 degree weather so i didnt want to take a chance. I think im going to get a band because i feel weird not having anything on my finger!
May 30th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As crazy as this sounds but I kept pregnancy in mind when I got my ring sized I knew I would be getting pregnant shortly after we got married or before we got married. I kept the size about a 1/2 size big. It is not engraved yet so I knew I would be able to fix it later.
May 31st, 2011, 07:54 AM
**Linda**
I have two bands on each side, and I noticed this morning that they are fitting tighter. I'm hoping that I'll be able to lose the bands, but still wear my engagement ring the entire time. It is actually a little big by itself, but fits perfectly with the two bands on each side.

May 31st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine still fits okay. I wore it the whole time while pregnant with DS - but I was mainly pregnant during the winter. I also didn't really have any swelling with himi. It is starting to get hot, so if it gets too tight, I'll probably get some cheapy band in a bigger size to wear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search